PDA

View Full Version : Time for a WAG

DianMayfield
09-29-2015, 10:21 PM
I have some what I believe are A machine parts.78095 Not sure if anyone is still using the single X drive gear or not, but that's what it looks like in the parts diagram.

Also, is there a way to test whether these sensors are good or not, other than throwing them in the machine?78096

Any clues would be greatly appreciated!

Digitalwoodshop
09-30-2015, 11:52 AM
On the X gear, my thinking is that if it has no broken teeth it is good... Believe the size is the same.

On the board sensor... This would be a good time to have a spare 4 conductor board sensor cable... You could plug it in at the top of the machine and test them... First thing to do is look into the window and if you see dust then the window needs to come out and clean the inside. I cut off the back to do it...

Next with any used board sensor look closely for any broken LED's.... early boards were not glued to the black plastic and held by the LED's that snapped off...

Next look at every white rectangle... any missing parts... the parts next to the white plug had a bad habbit of snapping off leaving just a white rectangle and a missing part...

Good Luck...

Use white paper and a 156 is a good reading.

AL

DianMayfield
09-30-2015, 12:51 PM
Thank you Al. Any ideas on the wrench things or the metal rods? I presume the chucks and adapters (collets??) are from the old QC? I have one of the adapters that has a good bit in it, do you heat them up to get the bit out?

SteveNelson46
09-30-2015, 02:11 PM
Diane,

You are correct about the chucks and adapters. They are the old style QC chucks and adapter. The bit is held in by two set screws on each side and you may need a little heat to loosen the loc-tite on the allen screws.

The rods are the rails that the z-truck bearings roll on.

The wrench on the left in the picture is used to hold the QC bit adapter to set the depth of the bit. There should be additonal parts that are adjustable.

The other wernch is used as a helper to make it a little easier to remove the adapter from the chuck.

Digitalwoodshop
09-30-2015, 02:15 PM
The rods are actually used to change the sand paper belts when you depress the spring you insert the LHR supplied pins to hold the retracted position. Roller rods are almost 1/4 inch drill rod... likely 6 mm or so...

And like Steve said, the smaller wrench is to tighten and loosen the bit adapter nut on the 1/2 inch bit adapters. Donate them to the CW Museum. :)

AL

SteveNelson46
09-30-2015, 02:19 PM
You're right Al. I forgot about the pins to hold the rollers compressed to change the belts. I used them to switch from sandpaper to rubber belts a long time ago.

DianMayfield
10-01-2015, 10:47 PM
Thank you gentlemen! I think I will save one of the pins for my sand paper belt machine, and send the rest off to the CW museum!

Digitalwoodshop
10-02-2015, 11:49 AM
Save 2....