PDA

View Full Version : Using blender 3d to create stl for CW pattern

Pages : 1 [2] 3

oscarl48
01-09-2019, 05:15 PM
Thank you. They were fun to build. Hopefully it is a little fun for anyone trying to learn the software.

Here are my latest patterns for my library. A spoon and some architectural elements. Of the two, the dang spoon was a lot more painful to build. It took forever to smooth out the bowl portion of the spoon.

dbemus
01-10-2019, 02:05 PM
Very attractive design!!!

oscarl48
01-18-2019, 10:39 PM
dbemus, thank you. :)

For the blender users. Here is another practice piece.

Enclosed is a basic head base mesh (low poly). Using your different sculpting tools you can morph it to whatever you want or need.

Using the base mesh I am working on an old man pattern. Slightly more advanced and fun is the Victorian vampire image. I used the same base mesh to create that image as well. It was for a "just for fun" graphics contest using blender.

I uploaded an early version of the pattern in the pattern sharing section if anyone is interested. I am still working on the pattern and it will eventually go into my library when completed. I will also be adding some hair at some point to finish it out.

oscarl48
01-19-2019, 09:49 AM
Really happy with the end result.

I bought some anatomy models for reference for my sculpting and this was a practice session with them. Still have a really long ways to go.

Would love to see what other folks come up with.

Too many projects not enough time. Dick's newest clock was amazing. I still have to design and build my own.

Post Script:

I'm still playing with the model. Took it back into sculpt mode and started playing with facial expressions.

Here is grumpy old man.

Post Post Script:

Now happy old man.

oscarl48
01-20-2019, 09:02 PM
I wasn't sure if they would work since a whip is so thin but tried it anyway. Newest hobby is paracord bull whips. I've constructed two so far. Not super loud. I can get around 90db out of them. Professional ones of course are a lot louder but still pretty happy with mine.

Pattern is of the whip only.

Simple line spun around an axis using the ring modifier. I have the model shape modifed/curved with a bezier curve so I can change the shape easily. I may try to wind it up for storage later. :D

oscarl48
01-22-2019, 03:03 PM
Morning star

5 minute pattern.

Three elements: sphere, cone, cylinder.

spalted
01-22-2019, 05:15 PM
I messed around with Blender years ago, but quickly became frustrated with it and gave up.
But @oscarl48 seeing what you are doing makes me think I should try it again.

oscarl48
01-22-2019, 06:44 PM
It took me until the 3rd attempted time before I was able to stick with it (aha moment). I kept at it because it has some amazing abilities.

It is a lot to learn but for pattern building all you need is the modeling portion. The newest beta version is striving for a more mainstream user interface. It is throwing me for a loop because I was finally comfortable with the non-mainstream interface. I pretty much have to relearn it all over again. But it is a ton of fun.

Its only limitation for me is me. With enough time and effort you can pretty much model anything limited only by your skills. Mine are still in what I call an advanced basic. :)

oscarl48
01-27-2019, 11:08 AM
It's sometimes a little bit of work to create simple 3d shapes using basic so here are some patterns to speed things up.

dbemus
01-27-2019, 02:50 PM
oscarl48

Very useful! Thanks for sharing!!

oscarl48
01-27-2019, 11:01 PM
dbemus, hopefully they are useful at some point.

Playing with modeling today on a fun project, a ram skull. The fun modeling part was the horns.

The enclosed pictures are: the pattern, the low poly I made as the starting base, and finally the end render of the 3d model. Final model was only 400K. So not super hi-poly.

dbemus
01-28-2019, 02:51 PM
Wow!!! Impressive work!! Looks like the real object!

oscarl48
02-04-2019, 08:49 AM
dbemus, thanks. It was a fun sculpt.

Here is a material node setup for an abstract swirl pattern. The resulting pattern was too large to post unfortunately.

Add a plane. Apply a material to the plane. Go into the node editor for the material and build the node tree. You can then tweak the numbers to get completely different shapes.

P.S. Reduced the size of the pattern and was able to upload for anyone interested in carving it without playing with blender.

pparker
02-06-2019, 06:10 AM
After reading all your posts about Blender, I decided to down load it again. The patterns you create are amazing and you make it sound so easy!!! Thank you for all your contributions to this forum.

oscarl48
02-06-2019, 02:36 PM
That is awesome. My recommendation is to start with 2.8 instead of 2.79 due to its more standard user interface. It is still not 100% stable but it is the future of the software. I am also still just learning it as well.

Lol. Easy is relative though once you get past the user interface and start thinking in terms of 3d it really is easy and a ton of fun.

Would love to see some of your efforts. Don't be discouraged if they are not perfect when you start. Mine are still far from where I want them to be.

pparker
02-07-2019, 07:45 PM
That I did. 2.8 with a bunch of You Tube tutors.

oscarl48
02-10-2019, 12:04 PM
I am having a heck of a time trying to learn 2.8. I can't find half the stuff I need when I need it. I might take this time and start learning zbrush as well. But I agree with a lot of users that the zbrush UI is worse than bad.

Regardless, I wanted to do some sculpting practice and I wanted to do a big cat head. Made a quick primitive to start. Here is the stl file of it for you'all to play around with sculpting.

Would love to see what folks can make with it. You can always add to it as well for a mane or to make it more of a fantasy figure. Not sure what direction I am going with either. Clean slate.

oscarl48
02-10-2019, 03:41 PM
A fun little sculpt. Not anatomically correct but then I have no clue what a big cat looks like in the inside. ;)

cnc pattern is mediocre. Again, not all 3d models make good patterns.

P.S. Went back and did a few more slices and some patterns were okay. If I was going for a pattern I would go back and tweak the model a bit more and get the depth proportions better.

oscarl48
02-12-2019, 06:08 PM
Okay. A bottle of wine later these looks like the funky yellow submarine (Beatles movie) type of images.

What do you all think? lol

Mugsowner
02-13-2019, 05:22 PM
If you have to tell them it is a Beatles movie, they probably won't get the idea. Those of us that do know the movie will understand and yes they are nice as well

dbemus
02-14-2019, 02:05 PM
I remember the tune and the movie. Nicely done patterns!!

oscarl48
02-14-2019, 02:54 PM
lol. I think that may mean we are just over the hill then.

spalted
02-14-2019, 06:51 PM
Lol.....
OK I'm old enough too.

I broke down and downloaded Blender again last night.
It's come a long way in 5-7 years or whatever it's been since the last time I messed with it.
Not that I spent any real time with it yet, but it was noticeably different.
But I also installed the most recent beta.

oscarl48
02-14-2019, 08:08 PM
Blender is a pretty amazing program but I am super frustrated with 2.8. I can't find anything anymore. For now I am building in 2.79 and then rendering in 2.8. It renders anywhere from 30% to 50% faster thanks to using both CPU and GPU processing.

Let me know if there are any big gotcha's and we can both learn.

spalted
02-15-2019, 03:39 AM
Thanks.
It'll be a slow process for me to Learn it, I don't have much time available. Just a few minutes here and there, but I'll get it little by little, maybe............

oscarl48
03-11-2019, 09:59 PM
I think I promised this tutorial months ago but finally got to it. Trying new software and format. Still not sure if any good but here is my first attempt with it.

Simple Gothic cross modeling in less than 3 minutes. I shared the pattern from a variation of the model a while ago.

https://youtu.be/_Lq0TXFl3Sg

oscarl48
03-13-2019, 06:57 PM
Wanted to show off some new models for my library. If I ever test carve I may throw them into the depot. Pretty happy with them.

mtylerfl
03-13-2019, 07:05 PM
Very cool, Oscar!! Nicely done!

Mugsowner
03-14-2019, 04:48 AM
Them look great Oscar. Very clean looking.

Sliverfoot
03-14-2019, 12:26 PM
Nicely done Oscar!

oscarl48
03-14-2019, 06:06 PM
Thank you all. They were fun to model. I have some time off from work and trying to get some practice in. In between honey do list tasks.

oscarl48
03-26-2019, 06:40 PM
Another pattern for my library.

oscarl48
03-26-2019, 06:45 PM
Great white shark tooth pattern.

oscarl48
03-26-2019, 10:23 PM
Finally made the Biohazard symbol tutorial. It is a quick and dirty way to make it but super fast. The resulting model is only good for exporting for 2.5d carving. It is not an enclosed object so it can't be used for 3d printing.

It is at the intermediate beginner level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dim93HIDeGs

oscarl48
03-28-2019, 10:19 AM
Had an idea for a quick pattern. A star made from chain.

Sliverfoot
03-29-2019, 03:49 PM
Oscar
Is this a pattern that you are putting in your store? I've been looking for a pattern of a hatch or vault.

oscarl48
03-29-2019, 06:04 PM
It was just some hard surface modeling practice destined for my personal library but hope it can work for you. :)

Sliverfoot
04-01-2019, 02:10 PM
Thank you!
I'll give it a try.

oscarl48
04-05-2019, 07:04 PM
Another super simple 5 minute pattern to make. Start with two circles for the two sides on one quarter. Delete the parts you don't need and then build from there the geometry. Mirror on the x and y for the other portions and clean up.

After completing I appended the model into my bas-relief/depth map blender set up. Resulting model enclosed. Right click on the image, download, and import into CW designer.

oscarl48
04-20-2019, 11:47 AM
This is not a real project. I created the model for a 3d competition and just wanted to see what it would look like as a pattern. It is 4 feet long and would take 11.5 hours to carve on normal.

It is inspired by Final Fantasy gun blades but my design. The idea of gun blades are historically true just not in the dimensions I used.

Mugsowner
04-22-2019, 09:29 PM
Wild looking

oscarl48
04-24-2019, 04:26 PM
Thanks, I think?!?! lol.

I just got trounced on the contest. Nobody really liked my boom stick with a chainsaw accessory.

If anyone wants to carve this let me know and I'll upload it.

- O

oscarl48
04-28-2019, 10:56 PM
Joined another 3d modeling contest. I know I am going to get trounced again. The initial entries are already way better than mine. I am using only procedural materials instead of UV unwrapped physically based rendering which really hurts when making something look real. So another one for my library but still wanted to show it off. Also showing my entry render.

mtylerfl
04-29-2019, 07:28 AM
Very good, Oscar!!

Mugsowner
04-29-2019, 05:51 PM
Good luck in the contest, hope you at least place. Neat design

oscarl48
04-30-2019, 12:45 PM
Thank you. I don't have a chance but it was a fun project.

Here is the website showing the entries. With a month still to go there will be some awesome renders.

https://hum3d.com/3d-guns-challenge/

Mugsowner
05-01-2019, 06:20 AM
Wow seeing them photos, you do have your work cut out for you. Very impressive.

oscarl48
05-01-2019, 03:48 PM
I know. lol. I have zero chance.

The prize is $3,000 in professional software. I have a feeling a lot of professional amateurs will be coming out.

oscarl48
05-04-2019, 08:36 PM
A fun little project for another only for fun 3d challenge. Made an anime character that needed a comic Beretta M9 pistol. Of coarse had to make a pattern from it. Going into my library.

oscarl48
05-12-2019, 06:22 PM
One of the areas for blender 2.8 that was revamped under the hood was the cloth simulator physics engine. Still not quite up to industry lead standards but a big jump for blender. Playing around with it a little. Would love to see what folks are making with it....flag patterns.

oscarl48
05-13-2019, 09:55 PM
Playing with the bas relief gray scale node setup. It is a pleasure to play with. It is almost dialed in.

You probably recognize this old pattern. I made this 4 years ago and it was probably one of my first complex models.

Tried a few different angles to see what they looked like.

For any new folks, right click on the image and then left click "save image as".

oscarl48
05-19-2019, 11:17 AM
Battlestar Colonial Viper

Going back to old models and seeing how they look at grayscale.

oscarl48
05-20-2019, 05:43 PM
Just figured out a really simple technique for kaleidescope type patterns. Using blender 2.8.

1. Create a simple shape.
2. Move off center.
3. Duplicate a number of times around center and join.
4. In edit mode, go to vertex button
5. Select > Hooks
6. Select > Hook to new Object (will create an empty in object space)
7. In object mode > Select empty and rotate
8. Resulting shape can be exported as a model/pattern

oscarl48
05-26-2019, 09:40 PM
If anyone is interested I made a short tutorial on how to setup the blender software to create these rosette style patterns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udwfJfzrJEI

Post Script

You can get quite a bit of variation using different shapes and number of branches.

oscarl48
06-02-2019, 01:47 PM
The node setup from Jacob (DevilsDJ on BlenderArtists website) is pretty amazing. I am getting results that rival the node that I purchased a while ago which unfortunately does not work with the current versions of blender.

Made a super fast low detail B-52 for a weekend modeling challenge. I think it looks pretty good as a depth map image. Not perfect but a fun pattern.

* For any new folks: Click on the black and white image > save image as > and import as an image into designer.

Let me know what you think.

pparker
06-06-2019, 09:17 AM
You make it seem so easy!!! Very nice details.

oscarl48
06-06-2019, 07:55 PM
lol. Just a lot practice and a whole lot of perseverance.

oscarl48
07-31-2019, 07:17 PM
Blender 2.8 finally out. It looks amazing. Have to wait for some of my favorite add-ons to port over but really excited about EEVEE render engine for animations.

Not a lot of upgrade to the sculpting tools except for new user interface but still okay.

oscarl48
08-10-2019, 03:12 PM
This was a pleasant surprise. I made a quick little pattern for practice. I ran the model through the bas relief set up in blender so I could share with my local woodworking club group and it looks way better that the stl port version. The render captured all the wood grain and wrapped handle detail. The actual model geometry is flat but because I used displacement in the material the render captured it.

oscarl48
08-11-2019, 03:12 AM
Geometric shape. No clue what it is. I was just playing with geometry. Pattern does not include letters. Just threw in my initials to see how they looked.

It looks like something I've seen but my brain just can't remember what it is.

fwharris
08-11-2019, 10:46 AM
Hubcap maybe?

oscarl48
08-11-2019, 11:24 AM
You might be on to something there. :)

Here is some keyboard keys for any piano players. It can be mirrored for a larger keyboard.

Sorry for all the simple little patterns. I am playing with different techniques on how to create geometry quickly and easily. In this case I modeled two simple objects and then used an array modifier to replicate it multiple times.

oscarl48
10-11-2019, 10:11 AM
Just wanted to show some experiments I've been running with the blender bas relief nodes.

I am rendering at 4k and higher samples but with render times in the 30 minutes to 1 hr range but the results are better. Still not where I want them to be so I need to keep playing with the settings. I am going to switch to the EEVEE render engine and that will help with the render times. But I think its going in the right direction.

The truck model was made for a 3d art contest but it ported well. I'll be throwing a side view version of it in the depot in the future. It will be without the flame thrower and twin 50 cals of course. :D

oscarl48
10-16-2019, 07:12 PM
I wanted to share the image I submitted for the art contest and the origin of the truck model.

It's a personal zombie survival truck advertisement for a distant future where zombie outbreaks are contained in large sealed urban areas. They allow you to enter the contaminated zones to do business like hunt for lost valuables.

P.S. and by the way. There are only two submits so far and I already lost. The other one is amazing in both technical skill and story telling.

https://hum3d.com/challenges/car2019-gallery/

oscarl48
10-21-2019, 12:00 AM
Two new patterns for my architectural center elements library.

oscarl48
10-27-2019, 01:40 PM
More examples using the radial array technique. It is really easy to make these types of models. It takes less than 60 seconds to create them.

I don't have any plans to use these but maybe useful to someone.

Rocket was shared previously on the pattern sharing thread.

oscarl48
01-11-2020, 12:07 PM
If I was going to make a new pattern and share on here, what would you guys like to see?

mtylerfl
01-11-2020, 12:44 PM
A forest scene with mountains in the background. Something the user can add animals to (birds, deer, elk, whatever).

oscarl48
01-11-2020, 10:50 PM
Test pattern. Still have a bit to work on the height differences.

Thoughts?

mtylerfl
01-12-2020, 05:57 AM
It's looking great, Oscar!

Mugsowner
01-12-2020, 08:06 AM
Looks sharp Oscar

oscarl48
01-12-2020, 01:44 PM
Thanks gents. I'll have to finish it early next week. My main computer just went down. My backup does not have designer on it and I am out of computer registrations. I'll have to call tomorrow and get my old computer de-registered.

oscarl48
01-13-2020, 12:07 PM
I finally noticed my computer was overheating this weeked (it shut itself off). I thought it was the cpu cooler but after replacing it, the cpu was still running really hot (100-110C). I downloaded a cpu monitor program and it showed the cpu was configured in a way that it was running at 100%. Reduced cpu performance to normal and presto the cpu is back to 35C. So have no idea how long my computer was running hot. Probably shaved a year or two off the computer. Oh well.

But on the good side I no longer have to de-register my old computers. :)

Here is the version of the pattern that I finally ended at. Hopefully it is of use to someone.

Added the bas relief image for general use.

I have not carved this so please use your CW and wood working know how. If there are issues and I can fix let me know.

P.S.
For fun added some materials and rendered the scene.

oscarl48
02-04-2020, 03:15 PM
Idea is to use a clock insert for the center. Size the pattern so the inner circle can be cutout and be able to fit the clock insert.

Sliverfoot
02-05-2020, 12:01 PM
Great one Oscar, love it!

oscarl48
02-05-2020, 12:59 PM
Thank you. Hopefully of use to someone.

oscarl48
02-18-2020, 12:57 PM
Blender 2.82 is now out. For cnc pattern building:

They added a few brushes on the sculpting area.

They added some cloth physics options. They added internal pressure and spring physics. Great for making balloons and stuffed cushion stuff.

They added custom profiles for bevels. Great option for custom baseboards and chair rails or decorative borders.

A bunch of other stuff that really doesn't help for pattern building.

oscarl48
02-18-2020, 12:59 PM
C17 Globemaster depth map renders.

oscarl48
02-18-2020, 01:29 PM
M911 Heavy Equipment Transporter.

oscarl48
02-26-2020, 12:24 PM
Wife wanted me to turn some wood mushrooms after seeing them on a YouTube channel so finally made myself go make one these. I've been eyeing them for a while. Only decent plywood I had was some 3/4 oak plywood so the chuck will be a little thick.

Blender can do precision work but it is something you have to diligently do step by step. Since it is art software it will allow you do pretty much anything without constraints. For precision work you need constraint. So in Blender it is extra work to ensure you are doing thing exactly. Not my strong suite. :)

Lol. Eye balling is generally good enough if you have a good eye... Where are my glasses?

Though I didn't use these, instructions have been previously posted on how to make these.

https://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?26323-Looking-for-LONGWORTH-CHUCK-Pattern-!!&highlight=longworth

Steve also generously shared his version.

https://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?29372-Here-s-a-stupid-question&highlight=longworth

If anyone wants a copy of mine let me know and I'll upload it. It has a 9 inch diameter. I still haven't tested it yet so main reason for not throwing it up here. It is cold and blustery and my garage is cold and blustery so wood working will have to wait until this weekend. It will be 70 degrees and beautiful in East Texas.

oscarl48
02-27-2020, 06:34 PM
Success. Though way too heavy. I will have to remake this at some point in the future with thinner stock.

oscarl48
04-11-2020, 10:39 PM
Not sure if anyone is still learning blender for cnc patterns but made a quick video on how I made the bamboo frame pattern.

The video is pretty bad since I have pretty much forgotten how to use all the video tools I have since its been so long since I played with them but hopefully it gives enough info on how to do it.

It is a short 5 minutes which is all it takes to make the model. For real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q260Ijz9a08

oscarl48
04-19-2020, 02:20 PM
Folks,

Hope everyone is staying safe and making plenty of sawdust.

I enter a weekly 3d modeling art challenge to help with my modeling and speed. This week I made a simple promotional advert for the new scifi plane. Enclosed is a depth map image of the model I made. Not perfect but may be of use in a young boy's room or toy box.

Threw in my submission as a bonus. :)

Oscar

dbemus
04-20-2020, 02:42 PM
Boy, that is sharp!!! Nice job Oscar!!!

mtylerfl
04-20-2020, 03:42 PM
Nice work, Oscar!

oscarl48
04-20-2020, 04:35 PM
Thanks gents. :)

That was a fun modeling session.

oscarl48
06-25-2020, 07:53 PM
Some hard surface modeling practice. Like always, I had a hard time getting a good STL format pattern from the model due to its long length and thin surfaces but got an okay (not great) pattern from a depth map image. I have no plans to carve this but maybe of use to someone.

Bonus added a render image for your Photoshopping fun.

oscarl48
07-06-2020, 04:04 PM
Viking and Spartan helmets. Both fantastical with no bearing to historical findings.

Playing around with adding displacement to the material and not the geometry. It is essentially virtual detail that is being translated as imperfections with depth that can be carved. If I ported the models as STL they would be clean since the actual geometry was not touched. Interesting technique with a lot of potential though limited to depth map grey scale renders.

oscarl48
12-23-2020, 06:54 PM
A practice piece working radial symmetry pattern procedures (5 min pattern).

For any new folks just import as an image file into designer.

oscarl48
05-02-2021, 06:47 PM
Still super busy with school but had a moment to do one of my 5-10 minute models. Getting my workflow down on these type of models.

Hopefully someone can use it for a fun carving.

Mugsowner
05-04-2021, 06:16 AM
Once again, very nice Oscar. Glad to see someone lurking around here. Seems most have gone the Facebook way. I am not a fan of what all goes with Facebook, so I hang around here. Hate seeing this forum dissolving.

want2b
05-04-2021, 01:08 PM
Ditto

Rick H

oscarl48
05-04-2021, 06:35 PM
Hey guys. Same here. Not a fan of Facebook.

Going back to school at my age has been a ton of fun but it probably takes me longer to pick up all the new stuff so most of my time has been dedicated to homework. Four more months and I'll be done with this program so will probably go back hard at making patterns for the depot and hopefully fun stuff for the forum.

Still trying to figure out what is next after school.

fwharris
05-06-2021, 10:58 AM
Yes the Facebook group has grown in popularity and use for asking questions and showing off ones work. Don't let the platform keep you away. You no not need to get caught up in all of the other crap that goes on there as you can block it out and just be involved in the Carveaholics group.

I/we do still refer people back to here for lots of help topics and better information.

oscarl48
06-03-2021, 07:58 PM
A fast, fun pattern I made a week or two ago. Didn't know what I was going to do with it so deciding to share.

Hope someone finds it useful. :)

Mugsowner
06-04-2021, 05:01 PM
Great job again Oscar, also glad to see someone else stopping in here.

oscarl48
06-04-2021, 08:22 PM
Mugs! Thanks. I lurk at least every few days but its been a ghost town. I've been super busy and haven't done much woodworking which doesn't help.

Hope everyone is doing well out there.

oscarl48
06-05-2021, 12:40 PM
Parametric designs are fun and super fast (once you know your software and the techniques to make them, which there are several) for cool aesthetic abstracts. Nothing too crazy but once carved they can be sliced and hung on a wall for a really cool look.

oscarl48
07-10-2021, 06:44 PM
Just some doodling in 3d and radial array modifier.

oscarl48
07-11-2021, 08:50 PM
Quick little pattern for your carving pleasure.

As an idea starter it could be used to make a fun accent border molding for a special area.

want2b
07-12-2021, 06:29 AM
Like the rosette, would make nice accent trim for a cabinet or built in book case.
Thx for the pics, Rick

oscarl48
07-12-2021, 05:11 PM
Rick,

Thanks.

For any new folks.

These are grey scale depth map image patterns. Double click on the image thumbnail to open the original image file and download to where you can find it.

In the designer software go to: File > Import > Import Image File > Go to where you saved the file and select

Happy carving. :)

Oscar

oscarl48
07-12-2021, 06:56 PM
Another quick little rosette. Tribal tattoo rosette of a chaos symbol.

Mugsowner
07-12-2021, 07:31 PM
Again, great work Oscar, these are awesome and even better you share them with all the folks here.

oscarl48
07-29-2021, 09:21 PM
Thanks. Tomorrow is my last day of school.

What pattern should I make for a celebration?

mtylerfl
07-30-2021, 06:22 AM
Thanks. Tomorrow is my last day of school.

What pattern should I make for a celebration?

A Cupcake with a candle

T-shirt with “Happy Last Day of School”

Apple core (finished eaten by school’s end)

oscarl48
07-30-2021, 10:52 AM
Michael,

Those are awesome suggestions. I'll see what I can come up with this afternoon.

R/Oscar

oscarl48
07-30-2021, 12:56 PM
I'm in class so don't have all the files I need to make these 3d models into patterns but this is what I made. ;)

Patterns to follow this afternoon. Hopefully they port well.

oscarl48
07-30-2021, 04:11 PM
Sometimes a pattern just flows.

The patterns came out better than I thought they would. Third picture is what the patterns look like after importing with designer.

mtylerfl
07-30-2021, 07:09 PM
Absolutely wonderful work, Oscar! Fantastic models!

oscarl48
07-31-2021, 01:23 PM
Michael,

Thanks. They were fun to make.

Hopefully, someone will find them helpful.

R/Oscar

oscarl48
08-01-2021, 02:07 PM
Hopefully a fun border pattern for someone to use.

want2b
08-02-2021, 05:17 AM
Very unique, really like the fact the stars are not just a row of repetition. I'm sure this will fit into a project for one of the grandkids.

Thx, Rick H

oscarl48
08-02-2021, 12:53 PM
Mugs, Michael, Rick, thanks for the feedback. Hope one of the patterns work for a project. :)

Mugsowner
08-02-2021, 08:50 PM
Oscar, you always seem to go above and beyond. Great work

oscarl48
08-14-2021, 06:12 PM
A new watch face for a clock pattern. A little different than the last one I made. Let me know what you think and happy carving.

oscarl48
08-15-2021, 11:56 PM
Falling star or maybe shooting star.

Router-Jim
08-21-2021, 08:09 AM
Oscar as a long time member of this forum, my hats off to you. You have certainly mastered the design process. Thanks for your continued contributions.

Jim

oscarl48
08-21-2021, 03:31 PM
Jim,

Thanks for the kind words. Its been a ton of fun interacting with this community.

Regards,
O

Mugsowner
08-22-2021, 07:14 AM
Oscar, you do have an ability here and the fact that you share it is awesome. The only complaint I have is that this forum has all but died. A few years back a lot more folks would of enjoyed your work. Never know, maybe the forum will get some life back. In the mean time I and a few others will enjoy your work. Thank you

oscarl48
08-22-2021, 08:20 AM
Mugs, thanks for the kind words again. It is a little sad the forum is not what it used to be. Almost all the forums I am a member of seem to be fading. New technologies and faster instant gratification on other social media I guess.

oscarl48
09-13-2021, 11:32 AM
Gents and ladies,

As you all know, Halloween is my favorite holiday of the year. What pattern would you like me to make and share this year?

Doing it early enough to actually be able to carve it this year instead of next.

Regards,
O

want2b
09-13-2021, 05:18 PM
Thx for sharing with us, I appreciate your time and talent.
Don't know if already done but the wicked witch of the west , the body upper half facing forward. Maybe one with her riding sidesaddle on a broom, possibly another with a cat on the back .
Large cat on a flying solo on a broom.
Thanks, Rick H

oscarl48
09-14-2021, 07:33 AM
Rick,

Those are awesome ideas. I'll start working ideas for the patterns.

R,
O

want2b
09-16-2021, 05:38 AM
An add on to the witch & cat on a broom would behaving the moon behind them. I'm sure I saw it somewhere in a cartoon, just seems to say Halloween.
Rick H

oscarl48
09-19-2021, 04:57 PM
Happy Halloween 2021. Didn't come out great but hopefully a little bit useful to someone.

oscarl48
09-20-2021, 12:45 PM
guys ignore the last entry. Its garbage. I am going back to the drawing board and redoing it.

oscarl48
09-20-2021, 07:09 PM
Didn't go completely back to the drawing board but a ton of tweaking. Much happier with this one.

Mugsowner
09-21-2021, 06:23 AM
I did not want to commit on the first design, as not to beat on something I can not do myself. However Oscar you redeemed yourself with the new design. Again great work Oscar. I think this one will be used by a few.

want2b
09-21-2021, 07:26 AM
Now I've got to get busy too. Looks good as always.
Thx, Rick H

oscarl48
09-21-2021, 09:55 AM
Thanks guys for the kind words. This was more of a challenge than I thought it would be thanks to my poor decisions on the model.

oscarl48
09-24-2021, 05:05 PM
More fun patterns I hope. :)

oscarl48
09-29-2021, 04:34 PM
Scary Halloween graveyard cross.

oscarl48
10-02-2021, 09:28 PM
Something a little bit more Lovecraftean. Happy Halloween!

oscarl48
10-09-2021, 08:05 PM
failed on this one but may still be usable as a small accent...maybe.

And for what ever reason I can't upload any pictures. Is anyone else having the same issue?

want2b
10-10-2021, 05:44 AM
Thanks for the witch. Pic is a test
Rick H

want2b
10-12-2021, 03:54 PM
failed on this one but may still be usable as a small accent...maybe.

And for what ever reason I can't upload any pictures. Is anyone else having the same issue?

I posted the test 'assuming' all was good when it worked. Went to do another today and it failed. Did a couple of tries an realized I could upload a pic that had been previously done but when I tried to add a pic it failed to upload. Response was the JPG file type was not a valid image file.
Looks like there is a problem

Rick H

oscarl48
10-12-2021, 05:55 PM
Rick,

Thanks for checking on that. Hopefully LHR is aware.

oscarl48
12-17-2021, 12:33 AM
I've been in a knife pattern making spree. Just made a throwing knife pattern. Here is the gray scale height map for your carving fun.

Including a render for your Photoshopping needs.

oscarl48
12-24-2021, 12:08 AM
Merry Christmas all.

want2b
12-24-2021, 05:41 AM
Thank you. and the same to you and yours

oscarl48
12-29-2021, 08:29 PM
Happy New Years!

Well at least in a few days.

Mugsowner
12-30-2021, 06:13 AM
Happy Year holding out hopes that it is better than the last two, hope Christmas went well for all or at least no coal. Thanks again Oscar for another fine ptn. Not trying to be picky here, but would this be more of a bottle rocket here. Don't want to confuse the kids.

mtylerfl
12-30-2021, 08:01 AM
Happy New Year!

want2b
12-30-2021, 10:57 AM
Happy New Year! Here's hoping 2022 is a good year for all.
Rick H

oscarl48
01-16-2022, 03:17 AM
Pocket watch pattern. I've been working on a computer that doesn't have designer on it so made a height map instead.

want2b
01-16-2022, 05:36 AM
That's really cool, being able to see the gears is something else. I've never held a watch with the visible mechanism but think it would be definitely unique.
Rick H

oscarl48
01-16-2022, 03:01 PM
Rick,

Thanks. It was a fun project.

want2b
01-16-2022, 04:24 PM
Fascinating to watch it run, doesn't take much to entertain some of us.
Rick

Mugsowner
01-17-2022, 04:29 AM
Very sharp looking watch here Oscar. Wondering what it looks like carved. Trying to think of a carve to drop it into. Again great work Oscar

oscarl48
01-22-2022, 03:44 AM
Again away from my main computer so another grey scale height map.

Pretty happy for a 10 minute model. Made it for another project but of course had to see what a pattern would look like.

want2b
01-22-2022, 05:28 AM
That story sounds kind of fishy. Looks great as usual, will make a nice addition to my marine patterns.
Thx, Rick H

Mugsowner
01-24-2022, 05:17 PM
Great job Oscar, any idea of fish type. Just wondering?

oscarl48
01-24-2022, 08:51 PM
Thanks gents.

I believe its based on a Bass, but I took a 10 whole minutes to make it so its a more roughly fish shaped model than a real fish. I knew a lot of the detail was going to be hidden in the animation so I cheated a lot in making it.

Mikiecr93
01-25-2022, 11:32 AM
Can you show me how to make a hight map or point me right direction

oscarl48
01-25-2022, 07:01 PM
This is a challenge because there are a ton of ways to make height maps for bas relief patterns.

Very first thing is you need a good 3d model for the bas relief. Not all models are good candidates.

I primarily use Blender 3d but here are some of the programs I use to make height maps. Depending on the model sometimes one works better than an other. Even within Blender there are multiple ways to do it. Here is a simple way to do height maps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekogw2Zm20Y

I use a slightly more advanced method and I've already shared that earlier on this thread (page 21).

Carvewright Designer
Blender 3d
Meshlabs
Zbrush
Shader Pro 4
Fusion 360

oscarl48
01-26-2022, 11:04 AM
Gents and gals,

Blender is stupid powerful for a free program but I will not say it's an easy program to learn in an hour or two, but if you learn the basics it is a ton of fun. That is true with any 3d program. The options are crazy. Maya, Cinema4D, Mudbox, Zbrush, 3DCoat, Fusion360, Sketchup, 3DS Max, Modo, AutoCad, Rocket 3F, and the list continues. Oh, and can't forget that Carvewright Designer modeling suite add-on is a decent basic 3d modeling software as well. The prices are free to "I need a second mortgage".

Making height maps is relatively easy but it is different with each software package and many times there are different ways to accomplish the task within each program. I know of only one program that will create a height map with a single button push (Zbrush). The rest need some sort of set up before you can create the height image. I am not an expert so please let me know if I'm wrong.

Here is a basic material node tree in Blender 3d to make height maps. It separates the z data and mixes it with some ambient occlusion to create the height map render (image from 3d data). There are many, many ways to create a height map in Blender.

oscarl48
01-27-2022, 10:22 AM
I've been playing around with this to see how efficiently and quick it can be made. I have it down to about 3 minutes. Should make a nice background texture and its tileable.

I added a screen shot of the blender screen for anyone interested in what that looks like. I used the node set up material I posted earlier instead of my normal method. It is a little darker but it works okay. Its actually way faster than my normal method.

want2b
01-27-2022, 04:32 PM
Totally off the chart for my abilities. I started to try Fusion 360 but haven't be able to devote enough time to figure out if I can get anywhere with it. Hopefully it's one of those things that you reach a certain point and the light comes on. Hoping things will slow up so I can make another stab at it. We'll see..
Anyway, thanks for all your time and effort along with the willingness to share.
Rick H

oscarl48
01-27-2022, 06:41 PM
Rick, you got to keep trying. It took me three separate starts for blender to finally click. I kept thinking it was like Photoshop when in reality it was something completely different (3d). And when it clicked I was still very much a very poor artist. I have risen to the level of mediocre which is still a ton better than bad. Same with Zbrush. I didn't even know how to start it.

I thought Fusion 360 was pretty hard because its more CAD than artistic 3d program. They taught us the Fusion 360 basics in the 3d animation school I attended.

want2b
01-28-2022, 05:33 AM
Thanks for the encouragement. Might look around for a 3d class, think there are Cad ones within driving distance but can't remember anything on 3d.
Keep creating, good for the gray cells.
Rick H

ps: Did a google and nearest CAD class is 60 miles away. No 3d animation so would be stuck with online. Rural life has its price. We'll see.

oscarl48
01-30-2022, 07:52 PM
Rick,

I know not optimal but I have learned a lot from really smart folks on Youtube. An option.

Everyone,

Made a short animation for my wife's Twitch account and tried to make a pattern from the model. It came out kind of mediocre but may be of use for someones young one.

I had to use the height map method because the texture is faked through a material application.

Regards,
O

oscarl48
01-31-2022, 07:25 PM
Twisted leather. Grey scale height map for cnc carving.

oscarl48
02-10-2022, 12:02 PM
Carved the twisted leather pattern. It will be a panted piece so used an old straight 2x4 I had laying about for the blank. It came out around 12x11x1.25 carved at .7 and with a 3 hour carve on normal. I'll post pictures when the paint dries.

In the meantime, practicing my boolean operations so made a racing tire.

mtylerfl
02-10-2022, 03:19 PM
Looks great!

Mugsowner
02-10-2022, 05:24 PM
Looks sharp Oscar

oscarl48
02-11-2022, 10:08 AM
Thanks gents. Hopefully can be useful at some point to someone.

oscarl48
02-12-2022, 11:00 PM
Happy pre-Valentines day.

Twisted wrought iron heart with some welds. Nothings says love like a chunk of wrought iron.

Mugsowner
02-13-2022, 06:20 AM
Great work again Oscar

want2b
02-14-2022, 05:18 AM
As always, really nice design. Like the simplicity and can already see a future valentines gift using it.
Thx, Rick H

oscarl48
02-15-2022, 02:54 PM
Just a texture background. Damascus pattern.

want2b
02-15-2022, 04:24 PM
Very unique, almost one of those mind puzzles. Got my curiosity up as to how it will carve.
Rick H

oscarl48
02-15-2022, 06:10 PM
On a hardwood with very shallow carve it should be fine. Invert the pattern. Can be used as a background or as a texture.

Mugsowner
02-15-2022, 09:37 PM
Where your mind wonders has got to be an amazing place. You have quite the knack. The images you can see. I can imagine what you see and do let the rest of us in on.

oscarl48
02-16-2022, 01:31 AM
Thanks. lol. I think.

Here are more Damascus patterns I have kind of figured out.

oscarl48
02-22-2022, 01:21 PM
Another one for your'alls library.

mtylerfl
02-22-2022, 01:39 PM
That could make a nice ornament! Great job, Oscar!

oscarl48
02-22-2022, 03:02 PM
Michael,

Hopefully someone will have use for it.

Mugsowner
02-22-2022, 05:31 PM
Very sharp looking. I am sure folks will find uses for this design. May look nice on a chest.

oscarl48
02-23-2022, 01:37 PM
Last one in the series. :)

I feel comfortable making these types of patterns now. Can crank one out in no time at all, especially if I have a reference.

I am calling this one the Gothic carnation flower rosette window. Feels like a carnation to me. Happy carving.

want2b
02-23-2022, 04:00 PM
Neat, really like the different depths mixed in the design.
Rick H

oscarl48
02-24-2022, 11:42 AM
Rick,thanks.

oscarl48
03-01-2022, 05:02 PM
Happy Tuesday everyone (I hope)!

Playing around making rope patterns. You only need to model one segment of the rope and then create an array that follows a curve. Super easy and super fast.

Sharing a rope heart chain that can be used as a border for your carving fun.

want2b
03-01-2022, 05:17 PM
Can see the rope heart being valuable next valentines day.
Thx, Rick H

oscarl48
03-02-2022, 09:25 PM
Rick, I hope so. Here is another one.

Calling it tied hearts. :D

oscarl48
03-07-2022, 06:49 PM
In celebration of St Patrick's day. Hope everyone is doing well.

R/Oscar

want2b
03-08-2022, 04:30 PM
Another really neat one, the interlocking pieces are cool.
Thx, Rick H

oscarl48
03-08-2022, 08:58 PM
Rick, thanks.

It was fun to make and super easy with the curve procedure.

oscarl48
03-11-2022, 01:47 PM
Still playing with rope patterns.

oscarl48
03-14-2022, 10:10 AM
Couldn't sleep last night so made this: circle rope frame.

want2b
03-14-2022, 05:28 PM
Love the product, appreciate your time. Maybe some Nyquil?
Thx, Rick H

oscarl48
03-14-2022, 06:32 PM
Rick, thanks.

Tried benadryl. Made my allergies better but no sleepy help at all.

oscarl48
03-15-2022, 01:23 PM
Happy St Patrick's day 2022.

oscarl48
03-30-2022, 06:11 PM
and Again,...drinking adult beverages and doodling.

want2b
03-31-2022, 05:26 AM
Neat, amazing where the mind travels when released.

oscarl48
04-08-2022, 09:59 PM
Drunk modeling again.

oscarl48
04-08-2022, 10:37 PM
and a bit more...

oscarl48
04-12-2022, 01:36 PM
I've picked 3 images for the semi-truck series for my collection. I will not be using this one and will end up in my file of drafts but maybe someone can use it for something. It has not been cleaned up a lot but you can further refine it using any 2d software.

oscarl48
04-14-2022, 06:36 PM
Happy Pre-Easter 2022! May your day be full of fellowship and family that you love.

want2b
04-15-2022, 05:53 AM
Thank you. The same to you and yours. Am trying to focus on my blessings and not let negativity affect the enjoyment of them.

oscarl48
04-15-2022, 12:37 PM
I am struggling with that myself. Good luck and strength to you.

- O

oscarl48
05-05-2022, 01:16 PM
Posting early enough this time that the pattern can be carved for the holiday. :)

A warm handshake going out to all my fellow vets, their families, and 'Mericans (plus any non-Americans who enjoy wood working).

want2b
05-06-2022, 09:40 AM
Thank you !

Mugsowner
05-07-2022, 05:48 AM
Very nice, thanks for sharing

oscarl48
05-07-2022, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the kind comments. Hopefully of use to someone.

oscarl48
06-06-2022, 05:55 PM
It's a beer can. Could be a soda can but its a beer can (after I drank it).

oscarl48
07-03-2022, 10:34 PM
Happy 4th of July 2022. Hope everyone has a safe and fun day. Time to burn some meat in a good way.

want2b
07-04-2022, 05:46 AM
Really like this one, kinda says it all
Thanks

Mugsowner
07-04-2022, 04:33 PM
Just getting in from a weekend of cutting and swearing. Great image there Oscar, my hats off to you. Hope everyone enjoys this holiday we have. Freedom First

want2b
07-09-2022, 11:44 AM
Made time to try the eagle, really like it. Wife and I had a lot of discussion on the finish. Main issue was whether the stripes should go to the wing tips or be cut off to show some feathers and the tail feathers whether there needed to be a divide between them and the last stripe. Looking for some feedback.
Rick H

Mugsowner
07-09-2022, 12:45 PM
I really like what you did with the eagle. However I do feel the stripes should have gone out to the tips of wings. This would make the stripes look longer then the star field. As far is the tail, I feel the stripes should have continued to the end of the tail. Which would make four red and four white so to speak. The lower three tail feather nobs would be the fourth white stripe.

oscarl48
07-09-2022, 12:50 PM
Really cool. Thanks for sharing.

oscarl48
07-11-2022, 07:56 PM
An experiment. It's a little messy but the technique has potential if I can figure out a few more things with it. This took less than 5 minutes to make.

want2b
07-12-2022, 05:10 PM
Looks like it would be great for a feathering situation. Definitely shows up in the pic, am curious if a carve would reflect the visual. Would be hard to shade the wood to give that open feathery appearance. It would still present the shape from the difference in shading. You're constantly showing us unique perspectives that you figure out. Thanks for showing us the results.

oscarl48
07-12-2022, 07:52 PM
Good eye. It won't. The detail is too small and soft. I would need to to do a lot more work to make the detail stand out. The picture below is what you would get out of designer.

This was mostly an experiment on what I can do quickly.

Mugsowner
07-13-2022, 06:51 PM
Yeah that's what I got looking at it in designer. But very nice test to look at and see the issues. You did state that this was a test pattern. There are a lot a designs that could that a look like this applied once the issues are clean up. Thanks for sharing Oscar.

want2b
07-14-2022, 04:29 PM
Finally got the next one done. Hopefully it does justice to the reason. My apologies to Oscar for making a couple of small tweaks in Corel to make it fit my perspectives.
Thx again for the original

oscarl48
07-14-2022, 06:29 PM
Love that you are making it your own. It looks wonderful.

Way better painting than I could ever do.

Mugsowner
07-14-2022, 08:24 PM
The eagle looks great. I like the new paint scheme. Great work.

oscarl48
07-20-2022, 11:56 PM
At the request of a fellow member, I made a hummingbird scene panel. It was a super fast build so not perfect. I have not carved it so please use your expertise on carving it.

I am in the middle of several projects so did it in between project breaks.

The projects are some animation clips for my wife and designing a chess board for my custom chess pieces I am 3d printing. I have 9 pieces left to go but each is a 14-17 hour print. I am learning modeling for 3d printing and cnc carving are two similar but not same process. I've had to go back and re-design several pieces due to print failures caused by my poor modeling. I got the 3d printer 3 weeks ago and its been going non-stop.

I still have a bunch of flute blanks just waiting for me to start as well.

want2b
07-21-2022, 05:37 AM
Panel looks great, made some interior bi-fold window shutters years ago and did a single flower on them. First thing that popped in my head was these would really up the game. Who knows.. It was obvious when you got the printer the was a new love in your life. Shame it takes so long to print a project, thought it was tough enough waiting for the carve to finish. I'm waiting for your first project that inner twines both.

Gary Koval
07-21-2022, 06:35 AM
Oscar,
Thank you very much for the panel. It’s just what the doctor ordered! Although, it won’t get done for sometime, I appreciate all your time and effort.
Gary

oscarl48
07-21-2022, 01:20 PM
Thanks guys for the kind words.

Don't carve this yet.

I am going to tweak some of the levels so the leaves stand out a bit more in the next few days. I am also going to make the hummingbirds their own patterns in case you want to build your own panel with them. It was pretty late when I was hammering this out last night.

I am really enjoying the 3d printer. This is the chess set I modeled and currently printing. I wanted something unique and different. So a lot of different motifs thrown in. The rook is supposed to have a steampunk and cthulhu vibe.

I've also started experimenting with leather stamps. There is still so much for me to learn.

oscarl48
07-21-2022, 02:35 PM
Feeling lazy today so instead went back and tweaked the panel instead of doing real work. Included the two hummingbirds as their own patterns so you can use them in different positions.

Quick example of me throwing them in together. The three elements are separate patterns.

want2b
07-21-2022, 02:44 PM
That is going to be interesting to paint/finish. Don't dare let my wife see this one. Looks great as always.

Mugsowner
07-21-2022, 06:45 PM
Oscar, once again you have gone above and beyond. These are great. We can get humming birds thick as fleas up here. Carvings with the bird go over very well. As you walk through the northern forest you can hear and see them moving about. Great work.

oscarl48
07-22-2022, 12:03 PM
Thanks guys. I have not carved it, so if you all do, please let me know if there are any issues.

oscarl48
07-28-2022, 04:56 PM
I was playing around with 3d metaballs and how they convert to 3d geometry. Actually no issues at all and a one click to complete.

oscarl48
10-27-2022, 11:31 AM
For anyone that has small ones that likes anime and robots.

I am currently 3d printing this model (in a different pose). Geeking out.

want2b
10-27-2022, 04:05 PM
Really like the way you've incorporated what I'm assuming are multiple sensors along with inlaying the cables inside the legs. The robot seems to be ready for whatever pops up. Have a granddaughter that is getting into this arena. Pls post a pic of the final product from the printer, very interested in the printer side, might run a carve to see what it will look like but not sure how to paint. The detail of the pic makes the robot look awesome but I can't imagine being able to paint that fine line of shading.

oscarl48
10-27-2022, 07:05 PM
Wasn't sure if anyone would want to carve this model but I did several versions of the pattern. Here is one I made using Zbrush bas relief function to CW Designer. Maybe a little better than the grey scale height map but you can play with both and see which one works better for you.

oscarl48
10-27-2022, 11:37 PM
This is the model pose I am currently printing. It's going to take 5 days of printing. The model is 17 inches tall so had to break up into different parts. Each of the bigger parts are all over 20 hour prints. Biggest model I've printed so far. I'll post when finished but it will take a few more days. lol

want2b
10-28-2022, 03:45 PM
All I can say is wow!

Mugsowner
10-30-2022, 05:12 AM
Awesome project Oscar. Now you have to figure out what else to do for 5 days.

oscarl48
10-30-2022, 01:42 PM
I should have been done yesterday but I screwed up one of the legs so I am re-printing. Another 21 hour print.

I also have to reprint the guns. I may have kind of snapped one in half as I was playing with it. lol

oscarl48
11-02-2022, 05:42 PM
This project took forever but I learned a ton of stuff and also a lot of fun.

The model is right at 17 inches tall. Epoxy glue is drying and should be able to start painting tomorrow. New skill needed for painting since I haven't painted anything in about 30 years.

What do you guys thinks? lol. Nerd or geek.

Mugsowner
11-03-2022, 06:43 AM
Very nice Oscar. The painting should be a chore we all look forward to. lol

want2b
11-03-2022, 04:39 PM
All I can say is wow!
I can only repeat

oscarl48
11-10-2022, 11:21 AM
What a journey. This took way longer than it should of and the model has a ton of errors in many different ways but very happy with it being my first mech design for printing.

I thought I was going to hate painting it but turned out a lot of fun.

Hope you all like it.

Okay back to cnc.

want2b
11-11-2022, 07:40 AM
Awesome! Detail really makes it look viable as a robot down to the jointed fingers. I'd say all your design time paid off. Looks ready for whatever could pop up.

Router-Jim
11-12-2022, 05:39 PM
The detail you are able to make is amazing. What a talent you have.

oscarl48
11-15-2022, 09:12 AM
Thanks gents. Have to make a couple of whips and another 3d print model so no cnc projects for a little bit.

want2b
11-29-2022, 05:32 PM
Oscar,
Know you've got a full plate but I have a request from my DIL for Xmas for a carving of the Santa. Tried to make one from the pic but my talents failed me. Appreciate anything you can do, its not a biggie, she got a lot for Thanksgiving and I have other Xmas things she doesn't know about.
Thx, Rick H

oscarl48
11-29-2022, 06:03 PM
Rick,

Perfect timing. I was just thinking what patterns I could make and share for Christmas. Working on a ginger man base for variations now.

That should be fairly easy to make.

O

oscarl48
11-30-2022, 01:32 PM
This is my version of the image. Hope it works for your project. It was a fun sculpt to do.

R/
O

want2b
12-01-2022, 05:33 AM
Looks good to me, will give it a run and see what we end up with.
Thanks so much.

want2b
12-08-2022, 11:07 AM
Finally made time to get this done. Now we'll see how the DIL likes it. Expect a positive reaction. May make another, have a couple of ideas to enhance the paint job.
Thx again for the pattern.

oscarl48
12-08-2022, 03:35 PM
That is a very clean paint job. Very nice.

oscarl48
12-08-2022, 04:26 PM
Here are a couple more patterns for you all to play with. Merry Christmas 2022.

Mugsowner
12-09-2022, 04:19 AM
Great work Oscar. These will be great to have in the library as time goes on to create future Christmas carving. Thank you Oscar and Merry Christmas to you as well.