PDA

View Full Version : Recarving with 0 depth carve region

Dale
09-20-2015, 01:59 PM
I was about 80% thru a 5 hour carve when we experienced a power outage. At that point the machine was just carving the design and still had text using conforming vectors to do. I know I can create a 0 depth carved region to skip the area already carved, but I am uncertain of how it will effect carving text that is using conforming vectors in the previously carved area. I am thinking that it will just air carve the text in the 0 depth carve region . Am I right? or will it do the text like it was originally programed to?

fwharris
09-20-2015, 02:42 PM
True the 0 carve region will impact the conforming vector carve. I do not recall any work around other than starting carve again from the beginning.

myshop1044
09-20-2015, 02:45 PM
Dale could you attach the mpc? One way I have done the same thing is to hide everything you have already carved,
if it has already carved all of the carve region where the text has to be, then remove the carving bit and let it air carve, then it will
ask for the v bit to do the text next.

Dale
09-20-2015, 04:02 PM
I don't feel right about posting the mpc as some of the elements are designs I paid for but is here a picture of the design and then of the area I made into a 0 depth carved region. As you can see most of the text area but not all has already been carved.

bergerud
09-21-2015, 09:30 AM
After a little more thought, I think you cannot really air carve without the bit. You need the carve to finish with the right depth and so you cannot take out the bit.

Make a 0 carve mask with openings for the text. Start the carve and just before it is about to start carving lift the head a little. The bit will carve just above the already carved board. Just as the carve is approaching the uncarved region, slowly lower the head back down. You should be able to see it start to skim the old carve. Now it should just continue as normal.

Dale
09-21-2015, 10:24 AM
OK Thanks, I'll give that a try.