PDA

View Full Version : CW in storage long time. How can the noise be reduced?

Signmaker
09-07-2015, 11:19 PM
Just would like to know if improvements have been made in noise reduction.

The proper workbench/table is important re: noise and vibration.

Thanks,
LD

henry1
09-08-2015, 05:45 AM
You must have the old spindle, go to carve tight spindle that help a lot

lynnfrwd
09-08-2015, 07:40 AM
New cut motor CX style.

cestout
09-10-2015, 05:30 PM
Henry is right, the CT spindle makes all the difference. I haven't had the oppotunity to hear (or not hear) the CX motor, but with my B and C machines the bit cutting the wood and the dust collector are the main noise.
Clint

papawbummie
09-10-2015, 08:50 PM
Connie I have been checking out a laser engraver for purchase down the road.Was wondering if Carvewright had any plans to add one to the machine in the future Thanks Bert(I would hold off buyiny a stand alone one)

lynnfrwd
09-11-2015, 12:34 AM
None that I'm aware of.

Digitalwoodshop
09-11-2015, 10:19 AM
Almost as good as the Laser Engraver... The 128 GigaWATT Light Saber Bit.... But the FSC Cable could not handle the power.... and the Flex Capacitor was too big to fit in the machine.

From the back room at LHR in 2008....

(Humor)

AL

lynnfrwd
09-11-2015, 11:08 AM
Almost as good as the Laser Engraver... The 128 GigaWATT Light Saber Bit.... But the FSC Cable could not handle the power.... and the Flex Capacitor was too big to fit in the machine.

From the back room at LHR in 2008....

(Humor)

AL

We actually got yelled at by some customers that did not get or appreciate our April Fools joke humor.

Oh, well...

Digitalwoodshop
09-11-2015, 02:38 PM
We actually got yelled at by some customers that did not get or appreciate our April Fools joke humor.

Oh, well...

Yes, I remember....

My very old Epilog 25 Watt Laser has sat in the corner un used for years with a "s"... Just too many toys... Had 2 sold the oldest.

Likely the tube is now bad and will need a $2K recharge. It is a old workhorse and worth the recharge.

But my CW is humming away for yet another order of tags making 1.5 x 3 tags from sheet stock while I do the artwork... Life is good...

Speakin of noise... my nearest Neighbor is over a 1/2 mile away and also a woodworker so we both make sawdust noises.... :)

AL

RMarkey
09-11-2015, 03:07 PM
I've looked into adding a laser bit for wood burning applications (1-3 watt), but we could never sell it because the machine cannot be sealed to the outside.

papawbummie
09-11-2015, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the response.But wouldn't that be nice for things made on rotary jig and other carving.Would move the machine to a new level May give the enginers a new add on to consider LOL Thanks Bert