PDA

View Full Version : CW in storage just before new carvetight chuck. What 1st, lube, etc. before turn on?

Signmaker
09-07-2015, 10:48 PM
Yep,

Been in storage for a long time. If it was yours what would you do? Lube what? Check what?

Only 10 hours or less usage. New project is pulling it out of storage. Can I use the original chuck for now?

I don't want to turn it on until I'm sure everything is ok.

Thanks,
Leo Duchaine
leoduchaine@juno.com

fwharris
09-07-2015, 11:11 PM
I would clean and lube all of the Y/Z rails and bearing, the 4 corner posts and lead screws and the flex shaft. Check the head pressure and run a board measurement test.

If you were not having any issues with the old style chuck, no bit wobble, no indents on the bit adapter etc. then you are probably good. Double check the set screws on the adapters to make sure they are tight and lube the adapters and chuck with a very light oil.

Digitalwoodshop
09-08-2015, 12:41 PM
Eventually you will want the A907 FSC Cable upgrade, 2 circuit boards and a 14 pin flat FSC Cable. The old one is a 18 and once you load a current designer the machine will act different... now it may be looking at the old Z Photo sensor flag and the Probe data may hook to the z Truck...

I call is a 16 pin or wire but it is 18. Quickest way to see what one you have is look for the wings on the big connector.. wings your good... no wings... Order A907.

And when you make the change the machine comes up in SCAN AREA and needs to be changed in setup from getting the probe data from the cover rather than the z truck. Won't do anything until you make the change.

And DON'T mix the cables.. Plug in a 14 pin flat cable into a 18 pin socket the wider pins short out your machine... expensive...

Good Luck,

AL

Signmaker
09-09-2015, 02:40 PM
Hey,

Thanks for the valuable info - I saved it in my CW folder!!!

Duchaine

Signmaker
09-09-2015, 02:59 PM
Hey, thanks again guys!!

Saved the information. Like finding a classic car in storage. Got to do/check things before you crank it up! The CW will be used to make font molds and logos for http://www.internationalsignmakersystems.com/. Also stamp and pattern rollers for my concrete curbing machine (no website yet).

Much appreciated!

Leo Duchaine
(du shane)
New Orleans