PDA

View Full Version : Pattern layering and composition

2A Finishing
09-07-2015, 10:02 PM
Ok, so I'm looking through the faq tips and tricks (via a link I found here in the forum - must've gotten lucky, I've been chasing dead links all day) - I'm very interested in the information in this particular one:

http://www.carvewright.com/assets/tips/CarveWright_Tips_and_Tricks_Oct07.pdf

Problem is that NONE of the images referred to exist anymore. Without the images it's difficult for me to understand quite what they're getting at and what I should be seeing on my own project.

Anyone help? I'm starting at the basics for two reasons - one, because I'm new, and two because my ultimate goal here is to be able to take a pattern I already made that has a curve to the surface and place a pattern on that surface but instead of the pattern I place coming out with a flat top, I want the pattern to follow the curve of the pattern it's stacked on top of.

Thanks

fwharris
09-07-2015, 10:07 PM
The images showed up for me..

2A Finishing
09-07-2015, 10:33 PM
The images showed up for me..

This is what I see: 77882

2A Finishing
09-07-2015, 10:36 PM
Other articles from the same page show up properly, so it's not my PC or settings. I haven't gone through them all.

Dale
09-07-2015, 10:37 PM
Wow, the images show up for me also. I have no idea why you cannot see them. Do you see images in other tutorials?

fwharris
09-07-2015, 10:40 PM
My view..

You might try re downloading it http://support.carvewright.com/tips-tricks-archive/

2A Finishing
09-07-2015, 10:42 PM
My view..

You might try re downloading it http://support.carvewright.com/tips-tricks-archive/

Didn't download it - that view I showed is a screenshot directly from my browser, directly from the link you showed. I even cleared my cache and reloaded it with no change.

mikemi
09-08-2015, 07:34 PM
This is what I see: 77882

2A are you using Chrome as your browser? I was having the same problem as you show and I had to install the pdf reader app in more tools > extensions and then it all worked fine.
Hope this helps.

Mike

aokweld101
09-08-2015, 11:01 PM
I have a example of what you are trying to do. The two major things that you want to do is keep the carve region and the... main pattern at the same depth and 999 on the height, you will have to play with the depth and height on each pattern to get what you want (my mentor Dan has said) "just play with it" I said it wrong the carve rigion is close on the numbers look at my depth an height on each pattern....

aokweld101
09-09-2015, 08:28 AM
I was in a hurry doing the camel pattern... I had to go to the tutorial and read it again and played with the numbers.. still didn't quite get the clip carving.. had me flipping my head back and forth why it wasn't working. maybe this will help, I got in a little practice

henry1
09-09-2015, 08:45 AM
I have a example of what you are trying to do. The two major things that you want to do is keep the carve region and the... main pattern at the same depth and 999 on the height, you will have to play with the depth and height on each pattern to get what you want (my mentor Dan has said) "just play with it" I said it wrong the carve rigion is close on the numbers look at my depth an height on each pattern....

Would be nice if you could put them in 187 so everybody could see what your doing

cestout
09-10-2015, 05:07 PM
I have all the Tips & Tricks in a folder in my computer so I can open them for reference when needed (not often anymore, but a lot as I was learning). You will need a PDF viewer which is free. I thought everyone had a PDF viewer.
Clint

2A Finishing
09-10-2015, 05:21 PM
I have all the Tips & Tricks in a folder in my computer so I can open them for reference when needed (not often anymore, but a lot as I was learning). You will need a PDF viewer which is free. I thought everyone had a PDF viewer.
Clint

I do on my other 3 PCs. I had this one built less than two weeks ago specifically for the Designer software in hopes that my problem was due to a faulty USB in my other 3 old computers. That's one of the few things I hadn't gotten around to installing yet. Yes, I use Chrome as my browser. I'm far from ignorant of technology :) I've been building computers since the late 80's, before they even had hard drives, I just no longer have time to build them myself. I also work 90 hours a week and take care of 3 small kids, so my mind isn't always fully in the game. I'm sure you can understand how fatigue can affect the thought process. Just a simple lapse is all.