PDA

View Full Version : Another z-axis stall

Sliverfoot
09-06-2015, 03:53 PM
Working on a project that will have text carved into a picture frame. I was using centerline and it kept air carving so I contacted Carvewright and they sent me a patch. This solved the air carve, awesome.
But after the text was done carving and I changed the bit to a 1/8 cutting to cut the pieces out I now get a Z-Axis stall ERR E06-0314 message. I tried loading a different project in that would also use the 1/8 cutting bit and got the same message.
Suggestions?

bergerud
09-06-2015, 04:41 PM
If you think the new stalls are related to the patch, you should contact LHR. If you think otherwise, maybe you could explain exactly how and when the stall occurs.

Sliverfoot
09-06-2015, 05:51 PM
I found the problem. Loose FCC cable, pushed it back in and it works fine. I noticed that most of the connections have a "glue like" substance to help hold the in place. Does anyone have any suggestions to use.

Thanks Dan for the quick reply to my post. I didn't know if the problem was due to the patch but I wanted to put as much info as possible.

Digitalwoodshop
09-06-2015, 06:13 PM
I found the problem. Loose FCC cable, pushed it back in and it works fine. I noticed that most of the connections have a "glue like" substance to help hold the in place. Does anyone have any suggestions to use.

Thanks Dan for the quick reply to my post. I didn't know if the problem was due to the patch but I wanted to put as much info as possible.

That 0314 fault us normally because the 1/8th inch has drilled a hole in the brass roller holder on it's touch on the keyboard side. But not always....

I wrap a short strip of masking tape around the FCC or FSC cable and it's black holder. Easy on easy off...

AL

Sliverfoot
09-06-2015, 06:28 PM
Thanks I'll give it a try.