PDA

View Full Version : Board thicknes

smurfjeep
09-06-2015, 07:52 AM
Good Morning,

I am beginning on a very large project, that ultimately will take four, 40" long boards to carve. I have used the STL importer and sliced my carving so I can use the CW to carve my project.

I inserted the board, the machine measured it:

Keep original size - yes
Place pattern on center - yes
Stay under rollers - no

When it was measuring the board, all was well, until it looked for the thickness, The machine asked "Board thickness ((0, at this point I input "75" I assume this would be for .75 since I did not see a "." on the keypad. The it asked cut-through depth, which again I input "75" again.

Machine went to doing its business of carving a 7+hour carve.

Now it appears that it is carving too deep, and my patterns are not carving as I wanted.

Please tell me what I am doing wrong, as I have never attempted this type of carve.

By the way, the board is supported by 2 aux rollers on both out feeds to support the length.

Attached is a screen shot of the project. I tried to send the MPC, but its file sixe is too big.77849

Thanks

smurfjeep
09-06-2015, 07:57 AM
Picture of board 1

xchief807
09-06-2015, 08:22 AM
you have to put in .75 if you look at the keyboard the down arrow button also has the decimal point on it. push that first then 75

bergerud
09-06-2015, 10:05 AM
It sounds like the machine needs to go through the board thickness calibration. 0 - 6 - 2 Put in a board of accurately known thickness and key in its thickness. You can input decimals or fractions.

A way to check the accuracy of the calibration is to put in a board which is too thin. For example, make a cut out project with a 0.75" thick Designer board. Put a 0.5" board in the machine. After it measures the thickness, it will report the board too thin. It will also report the thickness it measured it to be. It should be close to 0.5".

smurfjeep
09-06-2015, 10:36 AM
Its remarkable how obvious something is once its been pointed out to you! I swore there wasn't a "." on that keyboard, thanks.

fwharris
09-06-2015, 02:05 PM
you have to put in .75 if you look at the keyboard the down arrow button also has the decimal point on it. push that first then 75

You can also enter 3/4

xchief807
09-06-2015, 07:09 PM
No problem it took me a few minutes the first time to figure it out.