PDA

View Full Version : Please close cover

cwjmarcu
09-01-2015, 08:31 PM
My name is Jules
I have had my C machine for 3 years. I have replaced the cut motor once with only 70 hours of use. i personally am an automotive tech professionally for the last 28 years. and a CNC enthusiast. My problem began yesterday 8.31.15 the lcd screen reads please close cover, i have used my DVOM to check the function of both of the switches located in the cover. They both test good, I have gone as far as to remove the cover completely and jumper both switches with no change in the display. one thing I have noticed is that in the past when I did actually leave the cover open the display would read (Please close cover and push enter), this time it is just (Please close cover). Looking for help.

Thanks Jules

bergerud
09-01-2015, 08:45 PM
Check the plug where the cover wires plug in next to the y motor.

Another cause of the close cover message is the wire which goes down through the carriage to the board sensor gets pinched and grounds out. (Have you changed the board sensor lately?)

After that, one might suspect the FFC flat ribbon wire which connects to z motor. Check for damage or poor end connections. (When you changed the cut motor?)

(It might help to press 0 - 7 so you can monitor the cover state as you play around with connections.)

henry1
09-02-2015, 04:53 AM
There could be a bent pin were it plug in

Digitalwoodshop
09-02-2015, 02:45 PM
That plug on the end of the cover switch CAN be inserted 180 degrees out.... Black wire toward the center of the machine.... ask me how I know it can be inserted 180 degrees out.... :) OR is it White wire.... CRS.... :)

And yes.... close cover forever....

AL

rbrown
10-25-2015, 05:47 PM
it doesn't make a difference which way you plug in the switch... it opens or closes the circuit

bergerud
10-25-2015, 05:52 PM
Al is talking about the white plug from the machine cover which plugs into the head termination board. It has the left cover switch wires as well as scanner wires. It can be plugged in upside down and then the wires get mixed up.

Digitalwoodshop
10-25-2015, 06:38 PM
it doesn't make a difference which way you plug in the switch... it opens or closes the circuit

Like posted above, I was talking about the 8 wire plug at the end of the switch assembly. And you are correct, a switch has no polarity.

And NEW in 2007.... And the old cable was 18 pin not 16 like in my picture..

:) AL