PDA

View Full Version : I'm so happy, I could just crap!!!

Sarge
03-12-2007, 10:06 PM
:D Okay, I've built a few projects, but half of them turned out quite amateurish. I figured out the problem.....ME!!! I just had an epiphany, I've got it now. Just to see if I was right, I decided to take the Last Supper and Angel mpc's and give them a try. The Angel was about 8" x 8" and took about 40 minutes.

The Last Supper was 11" x 20" and took over 4 hours actual carving time. I got two hours of carving done last night. Fearfully, I stopped the machine and hoped it would stay "paused" until I could get back to it. I had to let it set like this for 19 hours. It worked beautifully when I got home and hit the "Enter" button. OH my GOD!!!! They both turned out pretty crisp and detailed, even though carved in pine. I will go get some real wood when I burn up all these scraps of pine.

I'm still having problems with getting the machine to exert enough pressure to "read" the board loaded. I've done wiping, vaccuuming, lubricated and scale tests. I only get 67 pounds, but the book doesn't tell me how to adjust the ratchet effect. Anybody out there know the "book" answer to this issue? I don't know what happened to the third picture.

rjp736
03-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Sarge, those turned out pretty nice. Give'em a coat of dark stain and they should look even better. I use Minwax Mahogany gel stain. It's a little tricky getting it out of the tight spots but looks real good.

pkunk
03-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Sarge, if you need just a little more pressure on the rollers, just push down on the top of the carriage (thing with the slot) while you're cranking. I've never bothered trying to get the crank to work properly. I take it down with a little pressure if needed until the LCD says press enter.

Julie Coffey
03-13-2007, 02:21 PM
Sarge they turned out so nice, its such a shame to burn them, would be a good example to see what they turned out like after stain and finish. (hint hint)

J

BoardSilly
03-13-2007, 03:29 PM
Sarge they turned out so nice, its such a shame to burn them, would be a good example to see what they turned out like after stain and finish. (hint hint)

J

Silly girl, he means after he uses up all his scraps to do test carves on; not as kindlin'.

Sarge
03-13-2007, 07:19 PM
Silly girl, he means after he uses up all his scraps to do test carves on; not as kindlin'.

Yeah Julie....... I'm not actually going to "burn" these. Maybe use them for target practice. I wonder what my M14 would do to an angel at 300 yards......hmmmm.

Julie Coffey
03-13-2007, 07:38 PM
Well EXCUSE ME fellas sorry its been 15 yrs since I was a military (independant) dependant. Sue me I forgot some of the jargon. ::walks away mumbling to herself:: MEN!

J

BoardSilly
03-13-2007, 08:09 PM
Well EXCUSE ME fellas sorry its been 15 yrs since I was a military (independant) dependant. Sue me I forgot some of the jargon. ::walks away mumbling to herself:: MEN!

J

Just remember Julie, "woMEN" cannot be complete without "MEN". <LOL>
Happy and sane maybe, but not complete.

As Telly Savalas used to say "Who loves ya baby".

Kenm810
03-13-2007, 08:25 PM
Sarge,
State side Texas Ft. Sam – Many years ago I recall taking a squad with M14s out at twilight to the train fire range up on a bluff over looking an old chest type coke machine. Gave em each 20 rounds of tracers, used my key told and them “Ok Lets Light it up”. What a show, we were there till midnight putting out the fires. Seemed like a great idea at the time.Young and foolish, Almost lost some strips for that one.
Ken

Julie Coffey
03-13-2007, 08:29 PM
Just remember Julie, "woMEN" cannot be complete without "MEN". <LOL>
Happy and sane maybe, but not complete.

As Telly Savalas used to say "Who loves ya baby".

::grins:: Yeah I owe you for the use of one rib (but that makes you guys just a pain in the side...)

I hope you guys know this is ALL IN GOOD FUN!

Well except for that BoardSilly character- he's definately trouble.

J

ausomm
03-13-2007, 09:47 PM
I gotta go with boardsilly, My wife says (after14yrsofmarraige) "the man is the head of the household, but the wife is the neck & tells it where to go.
So who's runnin the outfit here?

BoardSilly
03-14-2007, 09:56 AM
Well except for that BoardSilly character- he's definately trouble.

J

Thats "MR." BoardSilly to you Julie, and its spelled "trouble" with a capital "T". ;-)

DAT60A3
03-14-2007, 10:50 AM
Yeah Julie....... I'm not actually going to "burn" these. Maybe use them for target practice. I wonder what my M14 would do to an angel at 300 yards......hmmmm.

If you have an M-14 (or an M1A like me) why limit yourself to 300 meters? What is it they say? "One shot...."

Seriously, it looks pretty good, especially for scrap lumber.

BoardSilly
03-14-2007, 11:44 AM
2000 yards with my .50 BMG will do wonders to those scraps.

Julie Coffey
03-14-2007, 12:01 PM
Thats "MR." BoardSilly to you Julie, and its spelled "trouble" with a capital "T". ;-)

Yes Sir ;)

Kenm810
03-14-2007, 12:30 PM
BoardSilly

I have to apologize to You, Seems the two young Ladies got me a little confused.
When they were talking about adding some BS to their duo I thought they were talking about the other kind of BS, My mistake,
they were already talking BS. --- see what I mean. The snow on the roof can do that to you sometimes.

:p

BoardSilly
03-14-2007, 12:50 PM
[SIZE=3]When they were talking about adding some BS to their duo I thought they were talking about the other kind of BS, My mistake,
they were already talking BS. --- see what I mean. The snow on the roof can do that to you sometimes.

Ken:p

Some would argue that there is no difference between the two. :-)

Those girls will confuse and confound you, regardless of snow on the roof. :-)

As my dear old granny used to say, "There might be snow on the roof, but there's fire in the furnace".

HandTurnedMaple
03-14-2007, 03:21 PM
Ewww, now I've got images of dear old granny's furnace. Make the bad man go away.

Julie Coffey
03-14-2007, 03:29 PM
Roflmto! ;)

IM2HAPPI
03-14-2007, 03:47 PM
Now how in the world did I miss this thread lol You kids better clean it up in here lol

IM2HAPPI
03-14-2007, 03:51 PM
Some nice religious pictures carved by the Sarge and has went straight to the gutter. This thread has been Highjacked for sure lol

HandTurnedMaple
03-14-2007, 04:08 PM
My grandmother had an old Montgomery Wards 10,000 BTu furnace that needed repaired about 3 times a year. When we stayed the night it was never above 55 in there. Still gives me chills to think about it.

What were you guys thinking about?!?!?

Kenm810
03-14-2007, 04:10 PM
Hi all, just a thought here,

As time goes by we all fall in to certain routines or do things that seem normal to us.
Between Barb my wife and I, It often works out this way.
She goes shopping, uses credit and debit cards.
I get to do the banking and pay the bills.
She picks the Holidays and Special Occasion Days, and invites all the in laws, out laws, and anyone else she can think of to come over.
I get to set up the chairs, tables and try to figure out how many extra stools and high chairs we’ll need.
She decides the little thing in our marriage, like when and what kind of new car we’re
getting. What size big screen TV we’re getting, for our new Ownes Corning “Gathering Room”. (No more basement we now have a lower level entrainment complex)
She decides when and how many of the Grand Kids we’re taking with us down to Disney world. -- (Oh God).--Things like that.
She Lets Me make the bigger decisions like, when Red China would admitted to the UN.
If and when we should start colonizing Mars, ----and Who really shot Roger Rabbit.

eah -- it’s been working for over 35 years
Ken

Julie Coffey
03-14-2007, 04:42 PM
Oh Ken that was priceless with your permission may I share this with some others?

J

HandTurnedMaple
03-14-2007, 04:46 PM
That's very similar to how mine works. "We need to..." means I have to.

Except we both instantly agreed on the 62" Widescreen TV.

Kenm810
03-14-2007, 04:57 PM
Sure Julie and HTM have you ever tried to watch a Supper Bowl game
with 2 or 3 Grand Kids and 5 puppies climbing all over you. What a trip!!

Ken

Gman_Ind
03-19-2007, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the simple tip PKunk easy to do, no tech required.
Having these nice carvings near the machine would only add to the already lengthy Honey-do list.