PDA

View Full Version : cut motor

joesprin
08-28-2015, 05:47 PM
I watched the video several times, and then removed the top of the Carvewright just as indicated. (Did lose one screw in the process). After I adjusted the carvetight truck, I put everything back together. To see how it worked, I ran the various tests. The x-y-and z tests worked fine. When I tried the cut motor test, the display indicated that the cut motor was working, but it wasn't. I rechecked the connections and everything was back in place, as indicated in the video. What might I have done that the cut motor doesn't work now? I didn't try it with an actual carving, but the motor did not come on when I did the cut motor test.

aokweld101
08-28-2015, 06:31 PM
One thing that you"ll learn is to put a paper towel down to catch the parts I've had my machine eat some screws and had to take it apart to find them....(frustrating)

Digitalwoodshop
08-28-2015, 06:38 PM
The top cover has the clear cover that has 2 switches. The left one or keypad side is the low voltage switch that tells the computer if the cover is open. The one on the right is the cut motor safety switch and the return path for the power to the cut motor. Sometimes the wires become unplugged.

The power for the cut motor comes from under the machine from the x termination board. A black and white wire come up to the motor. The black goes to the black on the motor. Coming out of the motor the white wire or return path first goes through the right cover switch, any color wire. It's just in and out.... then the other wire goes to the white wire from the X Termination board.

Also make sure the wires are tucked into the back right corner or the Z truck won't be able to reach the bit flag bumping into the wires.

Also in my "A" machine (s), the clear cover rests on the 2 switches when the whole top cover is removed and has been know to damage the switches and or snap off the clear tab that pushes the switch. Support the clear cover.

Good Luck,

AL

joesprin
08-29-2015, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the info. Mine is a "c" machine. Are things about the same??

joesprin
08-29-2015, 11:26 AM
I had a paper covering the insides of the machine. But this screw went down inside the section under the keypad. The magnet wasn't strong enough on my screwdriver, and it let go and the screw went straight down into never-never land.