PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed: Wanting to carve script text

Robert V
08-26-2015, 03:29 PM
I looking for advice on how to carve the word "Indianapolis" in cursive without any background.77670Similar to the photo. My son is wanting this to match some of the other Indiana themed items in his Man cave. Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Robert

jab73180
08-26-2015, 04:21 PM
That's close to brush script, I carve that a lot and it comes out nice with centerline. Or are you wanting to import that in?

zan29
08-26-2015, 04:32 PM
Not sure exactly what you're looking but here's 2 versions.
Since the file is too big please email me at
info@suzannewoodworking.ca

Suzanne

FWMiller
08-26-2015, 04:54 PM
If you have designer 3.0 you could use v-carve. The effect is similar to centerline but you don't need have or to convert it to a font. If you trace the edges of the script in vectors then the v-carve will use the v bit. If you want to make it very large then the raster carve Suzanne posted is probably your best bet.

DianMayfield
08-26-2015, 04:55 PM
The font is Team Spirit available on dafont dot com
google team swoosh font, select images and you will find a bunch of swooshes you can use :)

bergerud
08-26-2015, 05:17 PM
I thought Krinke's Decor was more like it:

http://www.fontspace.com/category/cursive

lynnfrwd
08-26-2015, 05:37 PM
I thought I could find it on here under Software > 3rd Party Software, but can't.

What was that website that you could post a QUALITY photo of some text and the site would identify it?

Quick Google search:

What Font is This? http://www.whatfontis.com/

What the Font? https://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/

Robert V
08-26-2015, 06:07 PM
Sorry for the confusion. I'm trying to carve the word "Indianapolis" like this photo. 77673. I usually monkey around with software until I figure out a work around to get something near what I'm trying to accomplish. I thought I would try to save some frustration and ask the forum for ideas. thanks again for the responses.
R

DianMayfield
08-26-2015, 06:51 PM
Dan,

Thanks for the new font! I had not seen one with the long swishes :)

Robert, If no one else has done it by the time I get home, I will do it in corel. Do you have the dxf importer add on??

Robert V
08-26-2015, 07:06 PM
I can do the same thing here with corel. Thank you for the offer.

R

oscarl48
08-26-2015, 09:07 PM
Took your image and cropped it to just the word and then cleaned it up with photo paint. Moved it into inkscape and converted to svg. Imported into blender 3d and converted it into mesh object. Exported as stl and imported into designer.

Pattern can be pierced or can have a carving region behind it. Overall pattern turned out pretty clean considering the starting point.

Just another way of doing it. Sounds complex but it literally took about 10 minutes to do.

SteveNelson46
08-27-2015, 01:04 AM
I looking for advice on how to carve the word "Indianapolis" in cursive without any background.77670Similar to the photo. My son is wanting this to match some of the other Indiana themed items in his Man cave. Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Robert

Here's my stab at it. I used Photoshop and the pattern editor. PM me for the .mpw

zan29
08-27-2015, 05:49 AM
Robert that's one of the version I had for you.
Here's just the online that you'll need.

Sorry for the confusion. I'm trying to carve the word "Indianapolis" like this photo.monkey around with software until I figure out a work around to get something near what I'm trying to accomplish. I thought I would try to save some frustration and ask the forum for ideas. thanks again for the responses.
R

CNC Carver
08-27-2015, 06:09 AM
That looks like it will cut out very nicely. Great work again.
Jeff

Robert V
08-27-2015, 10:10 AM
Great Thank you for all the help.

Robert