PDA

View Full Version : Need my Home work checked

Jskerutis
08-24-2015, 05:13 PM
I have not had a lot of time to play with my carver and software(just bought Designer Pro today). Today I tried to do a cut out and the first run just did a tracing and only traced the center cut out. The second run with a different design was cutting the entire center out of the circle and snapped the 1/16 straight bit. I am trying to do a cut out of three circles on the same board.

fwharris
08-24-2015, 05:24 PM
Your project calls for the 3/16" bit for the cut outs not the 1/16" bit. Note that the 1/16" bit is for thin materials (1/4" or less).
You also used the full depth cut path, you might want to set the maximum depth so it will make multiple passes.

Also your center circle had 2 carve regions and cut paths.

lynnfrwd
08-24-2015, 05:38 PM
You should always use full depth pass when using the 3/16" cutting bit. There is no reason to make multiple passes. It just increases the risk of tracking errors.

aokweld101
08-24-2015, 06:02 PM
Are you wanting the outside diameter 5.375 the way you have it will put the outside diameter at 5.125 if you look to where you put your board size it has a pattern bit size since you are doing a cut out assign the 1/8 cutting bit when doing your board size make sure it's 7" longer to stay under the rollers

aokweld101
08-24-2015, 06:25 PM
I think this is what you want.. you only need to assign the 1/8 cutting bit to the cut out pattern, I made your board size to 25".

Jskerutis
08-24-2015, 06:56 PM
Your project calls for the 3/16" bit for the cut outs not the 1/16" bit. Note that the 1/16" bit is for thin materials (1/4" or less).
You also used the full depth cut path, you might want to set the maximum depth so it will make multiple passes.
Found that out today :p

Also your center circle had 2 carve regions and cut paths. I am like the blind walking a path

You should always use full depth pass when using the 3/16" cutting bit. There is no reason to make multiple passes. It just increases the risk of tracking errors. is the a video walk through?

Are you wanting the outside diameter 5.375 the way you have it will put the outside diameter at 5.125 if you look to where you put your board size it has a pattern bit size since you are doing a cut out assign the 1/8 cutting bit when doing your board size make sure it's 7" longer to stay under the rollers yes, but re-measuring today I need a 5.5 diameter

I think this is what you want.. you only need to assign the 1/8 cutting bit to the cut out pattern, I made your board size to 25". thank you for helping me cheat on my homework

Thank you all

Jskerutis
08-25-2015, 03:44 PM
question my board is .5 thick will that cut it out? do I need to but a board under the cut out

bergerud
08-25-2015, 03:50 PM
The mpc Aokweld posted should cut out fine. You do not need a board under it as the bit always stays between the belts. Just make sure your board is long enough to stay under the rollers during the whole cutting operation. You need 3.5 inches extra on each end beyond where the bit will cut. If you have that extra, say NO to stay under the rollers.

lynnfrwd
08-25-2015, 04:03 PM
question my board is .5 thick will that cut it out? do I need to but a board under the cut out

If your board is .5" thick and the machine measures it at .499 or below, it will need to have a board under it to get it up to at least the .5" minimum thickness required.

Jskerutis
08-25-2015, 04:14 PM
Thank you. The board is longer that what I need. Having the time to just sit and learn the software is mainly my issue. There have been some older tips and trick that I was trying to use but just got lost. Again thank you, and I will give this a shot tomorrow.

Jskerutis
08-25-2015, 04:16 PM
I milled the board out to .5 I will spend more time in the learning section of the site. It is a great machine and I need to just us it more to get the hang of the software.

Jskerutis
08-25-2015, 04:18 PM
The mpc Aokweld posted should cut out fine. You do not need a board under it as the bit always stays between the belts. Just make sure your board is long enough to stay under the rollers during the whole cutting operation. You need 3.5 inches extra on each end beyond where the bit will cut. If you have that extra, say NO to stay under the rollers.

I was just noticing that the cut time is 7+ minutes on Aokweld post, dose that seem right for cutting three holes?

bergerud
08-25-2015, 04:28 PM
Yes, it should not take long to cut out.

aokweld101
08-25-2015, 04:32 PM
If you notice when uploading your project it says normal, best and optimal it runs slower or faster from normal to optimal. since you are just starting with the carvewright you need to have a dust collector, it will save you a heartache on fixing the machine.

Jskerutis
08-25-2015, 04:47 PM
If you notice when uploading your project it says normal, best and optimal it runs slower or faster from normal to optimal. since you are just starting with the carvewright you need to have a dust collector, it will save you a heartache on fixing the machine.

Thank you, I have it hooked up to my system with a 4" fitting. Works out really well with little dust on the carver or on the floor, all I have to do is blow it off around the cutter and it look like new.