PDA

View Full Version : cut out

aokweld101
08-22-2015, 09:50 AM
I thought I was doing something simple my y belt slipped at the end of the carve.. the adjustment screw was loose so I flipped the board over and rewrote my program with a cut and paste for cut out..... now it's asking for the 1/16 carveing bit and the 1/8 cutting bit I thought that it would just ask for the 1/8 cutting bit..am I doing somthing wrong ?

bergerud
08-22-2015, 09:53 AM
You seem to have some carve regions. The two inside squares.

aokweld101
08-22-2015, 10:12 AM
Thank you Dan, as I have a saying " IT"S THE LITTLE THINGS".. I am glad it didn't carve it.. it was a 14.5 hour carve... I had the cut out flipped the wrong way, thanks again !!

Digitalwoodshop
08-22-2015, 12:16 PM
In the early years when I was a newbee I renamed a clock project and made a different project. When I loaded it it TOO kept asking for the 1/16th bit first and it was only a 1/8th cut out project... I finally posted the project here frustrated asking for help...

The first one to look at it saw a square carve region on the back for a clock insert and THAT is why it was asking for the 1/16th bit... I had also missed "BACK of BOARD" too....

Hence, I learned to read the display every time....

Glad you got it...

AL

aokweld101
08-22-2015, 01:23 PM
All my measurements worked out fine, But...when it had a skip from the y belt, it did the cut out on the panel out of whack and did a 1/4 line on one of the panel before I stopped it. The project is now going to be fire wood and I tightened the adjustment screw and doing another 14.5 hr. panel