PDA

View Full Version : Keyhole only allows place on corner?

FWMiller
08-17-2015, 11:54 PM
I just bought the keyhole add on and find it very easy to implement in the software. However when I went to carve the design it did not give me the option to jog to center. It did ask me if the board was on a jig so I'm guessing that's why it didn't give me the option to center on board. It definitely is inconvenient to use jog to corner if your board is not cut to size prior to carving.

I started with a two sided carve and the keyhole feature also prevented me from using jog to center on the front. I had re upload the front design as a single sided carve so I could use jog to center. Is this normal behavior for the keyhole function or is there a way to use jog to center with the keyhole?

Frederick

fwharris
08-18-2015, 01:04 AM
You are getting the jog to corner because you said the carving is in a sled/jig.

FWMiller
08-18-2015, 02:45 AM
I can't think of a reason to not offer the option to choose jog to center with a jig. Next time I'll tell it there's no jig and see what it lets me do.

bergerud
08-18-2015, 09:40 AM
For double sided carves, there is a new feature "flip-in-jig". It lets you jog to the front corners of the board in the jig to line up the front and back. On double sided projects, you will be asked at the display whether the project is in a jig. The question is really: do you want to use the flip in jig feature? If you do not want to use this feature, (board in jig or not), you must answer NO.

http://www.carvewright.com/assets/service/Software_instructions/FlipWithinJig.pdf

FWMiller
08-18-2015, 10:41 AM
For double sided carves, there is a new feature "flip-in-jig". It lets you jog to the front corners of the board in the jig to line up the front and back. On double sided projects, you will be asked at the display whether the project is in a jig. The question is really: do you want to use the flip in jig feature? If you do not want to use this feature, (board in jig or not), you must answer NO.

http://www.carvewright.com/assets/service/Software_instructions/FlipWithinJig.pdf
Thanks for the info and reference. Is there a specific reason when using flip in jig that jogging to center when using flip in jig would not be useful/possible?

bergerud
08-18-2015, 10:45 AM
I think you can jog to center. It says so in the pdf. I have not tried it.

bergerud
08-18-2015, 11:00 AM
Well I just tried it and I think you are right. I could not find a way to jog to center. It only gave me the option to jog to the corner.