PDA

View Full Version : rotary jig belt

tadperry
08-07-2015, 01:06 PM
Has anyone had any issue with the belt on the rotary jig working it's way off of the two larger wheels? Mine has been working it's way up and over the edge on the larger smooth wheels (not the toothed gear in the middle). Just curious. Any thoughts? I thought maybe I was not putting the jig in the machine properly, but it will do it out of the machine when I turn it by hand also. Thanks.

bergerud
08-07-2015, 01:55 PM
Some have had that problem. Check all screws are tight and wheels are square. If all else fails, test the belt by flipping it over.

SteveNelson46
08-07-2015, 06:28 PM
Has anyone had any issue with the belt on the rotary jig working it's way off of the two larger wheels? Mine has been working it's way up and over the edge on the larger smooth wheels (not the toothed gear in the middle). Just curious. Any thoughts? I thought maybe I was not putting the jig in the machine properly, but it will do it out of the machine when I turn it by hand also. Thanks.

I had exactly the same problem. I ordered a new belt from LHR and that seems to have fixed the problem. I had disassembled the jig to replace the center lag screw (it's just a 1/4" by 2 1/2" hanger bolt) and I think i stretched the belt trying to put it back on without loosening one of the idler pulleys. While I had it apart, I put a washer between the large gear and the chassis to provide some space and to eliminate the drag and also added a washer between the chassis and each of the idler pulleys to keep the belt aligned with the large gear. I also enlarged the countersinks for the wood screws so they wouldn't rub. The jig seems to work much better now and I don't have as much trouble with calibration. All of the modifications were the same as the ones Bergerud posted earlier. Thanks Dan!

tadperry
08-08-2015, 09:58 AM
Ill definitely try that! Thanks!