PDA

View Full Version : Troubleshooting new releases

Greybeard
03-11-2007, 09:06 AM
The recent release of 1.120 seems to have produced a mixed reaction, some having no problems,(yet :) ) and some posting new, or simillar difficulties.

Perhaps the cw team should offer each release first in beta form, with the usual caveats, before posting it as an "upgrade" ?

I'm sure there are plenty of brave souls that will do the testing with cheap wood or mdf before the inexperienced new carver loses their best plank of exotic fruitwood, and gets too stressed out.

John

SpiffyDog
03-11-2007, 10:12 AM
In my younger days, I had to be on the "leading edge" of every upgrade and technology, blazing trails to new frontiers and quick to find pitfalls. I've since realized through my own experiences that there is a missing "b" on that statement, most likely from being cut too many times. Now I wait for everyone else to report any scrapes and cuts before proceeding. And sometimes there is a jugular involved.

All software vendors face this same dilemma. You do the best you can to test, even using beta testers, but inevitably there are bugs. Believe me. I used to be a programmer.

As far as beta testers go, we're it! Some prefer to "test" later than others! So, I want to thank those who continue to blaze the trails!

BTW: Since it is easy to revert back to a previous version of Designer, I have also upgraded and have not had any problems as of yet. *fingers crossed*

fg9074
03-11-2007, 11:36 AM
Since i flashed my card, where do i go to revert to an older version, I cant find it in downloads or software

rgant05
03-11-2007, 07:14 PM
I'm just guessing so don't hold my response as an answer, but I would say Uninstall the new version, reinstall 1.115 which contains the flash for the memory card.... format the memory card and the flash the memory card. I would think that would either erase or overwrite the old flash card programing. However CW may be willing to advise you properly.

cajunpen
03-11-2007, 09:59 PM
Unless you are like me - you should have the older version 1.115 on your computer, probably in the download file (or where ever you keep such files). If you are like me - you've done a very dumb thing an deleted the old version as you upgrade to newer versions. Lesson learned here;)

rgant05
03-12-2007, 02:41 AM
If its just a matter of having the 1.115 file, I can help. I still have the file....never throw anything away :) In fact with all the hype, I'm not updating till I can see more positive response than I have seen so far. Let me know and I can email it to you.