PDA

View Full Version : Centerfinder for Dan's jigs

aokweld101
07-26-2015, 10:59 AM
I have asked Dan where to find the centerfinder for the jigs I found these it has the bearing with it

bergerud
07-26-2015, 02:56 PM
That center in the bearing looks just like the tail center in the CW rotary jig. I rather, however, use bolts. I find I can drill bolt holes more accurately than trying to drill a recess with a 90V bit. The V bit always drifts in the end grain. The bolts fit snug and do not require end force to stay centered.

aokweld101
07-26-2015, 03:52 PM
I guess that I was thinking more for the dowell maker where you would use a drill.... your thoughts ?

bergerud
07-26-2015, 05:05 PM
I made my dowel maker to be compatible with my rotary jig. I can just swap the dowel straight over. I was even thinking of using the same wheel so I would not even have to unscrew the dowel!

I did try the lathe center that came with the CW rotary jig both in my rotary jig and the dowel maker. I only had one of them and decided I liked the bolts better anyway.

interloper
12-04-2015, 09:28 AM
Greetings, I haven't been here a while. I'm interested in this rotary jig and seeing what's involved.

Berg, are you telling me you didn't make those knobs? :rolleyes:

These shafts are oval and actually snap into place when you glue and turn on them to set. Just add a threaded insert. Though, I've never tried the triangle one 78924