PDA

View Full Version : Special thanks to the CarveWright crew!

Gary Koval
07-22-2015, 07:10 AM
I purchased the Rotary Jig recently, and last week Thursday I wanted to carve a lithophane of my grandkids on vacation at Mrytle Beach S.C.. For the life of me I could not get it to calibrate properly. Changed the tracking roller, thinking that if I call LHR, that's what there going to ask. Still nothing.
So I call LHR and explain what's happening, and for the next three days, Thurs., Fri., and Mon., I tried everything imaginable to get the machine to calibrate. Finally, Monday after fixing all the user mistakes, I was able to carve on the rotary jig, and below is the pic and results of all that effort.
So anyway, a Big Thanks to Israel, Joe, Connie, and Metallus.

zan29
07-22-2015, 08:10 AM
Well done Gary!

henry1
07-22-2015, 11:32 AM
that nice you done good

dbemus
07-22-2015, 03:45 PM
That is awesome!!! Great work!!

mtylerfl
07-22-2015, 04:39 PM
I purchased the Rotary Jig recently, and last week Thursday I wanted to carve a lithophane of my grandkids on vacation at Mrytle Beach S.C.. For the life of me I could not get it to calibrate properly. Changed the tracking roller, thinking that if I call LHR, that's what there going to ask. Still nothing.
So I call LHR and explain what's happening, and for the next three days, Thurs., Fri., and Mon., I tried everything imaginable to get the machine to calibrate. Finally, Monday after fixing all the user mistakes, I was able to carve on the rotary jig, and below is the pic and results of all that effort.
So anyway, a Big Thanks to Israel, Joe, Connie, and Metallus.

Hi Gary,

What ended up being the problem? Joe and I Skyped about this briefly. I suggested taking the O-ring off the tracking roller to eliminate the possibility that it was coming in contact with the belts throwing off the cal.

I had also suggested taking look at your MPC itself to see if there was any discrepancy between the project layout diameter and what you were selecting for the (rounded-up) diameter at the machine.

I never heard back from Joe about this, so I'm curious what you did that finally corrected the problem.

Gary Koval
07-24-2015, 10:20 AM
Michael, it turned out being the tracking sensor, had two bad ones, just my luck!
Gary