PDA

View Full Version : Licensing keyhole tool

t-townwilson
07-13-2015, 12:53 PM
While following Steve Nelson's excellent video tutorial on personalizing his new pierced heart pattern, I received a message that the keyhole tool was only available to me in demo form and I could not save project utilizing that tool. What do I need to do in order to secure permission to use the keyhole tool? I don't yet have a keyhole bit, but I assume that won't be a difficult purchase.

Than you!:D

fwharris
07-13-2015, 12:59 PM
You need to purchase the add on feature and then activate it with the license code.

cestout
07-13-2015, 01:04 PM
It is a $50 add on and comes with the bit. Order it here on the web site or call CarveWrignt. Or if you have the bit, delete that part of the project and do it the old way on your router table.
Clint

SteveNelson46
07-13-2015, 01:39 PM
While following Steve Nelson's excellent video tutorial on personalizing his new pierced heart pattern, I received a message that the keyhole tool was only available to me in demo form and I could not save project utilizing that tool. What do I need to do in order to secure permission to use the keyhole tool? I don't yet have a keyhole bit, but I assume that won't be a difficult purchase.

Than you!:D

As Floyd said, it is a add-on that you have to purchase separately. Sorry, I should have mentioned it in the video. Too bad that you can't just buy the add-on without the bit for a reduced price. However, I use it frequently and it saves a lot of setup time.

t-townwilson
07-13-2015, 01:48 PM
Thanks. Just ordered it. I had searched, but had looked under bits, not software add ons Silly me:D

mtylerfl
07-13-2015, 02:01 PM
...Too bad that you can't just buy the add-on without the bit for a reduced price. However, I use it frequently and it saves a lot of setup time.

Including the bit is very intentional. The idea was to completely avoid the issue of a user purchasing an incorrect size bit (and having a bad day). And, we all know that certainly would have happened!

:D

SteveNelson46
07-13-2015, 02:25 PM
Including the bit is very intentional. The idea was to completely avoid the issue of a user purchasing an incorrect size bit (and having a bad day). And, we all know that certainly would have happened!

:D

Most keyhole bits are the same size but, a short note with the license would have been sufficient. This would have kept the cost down. Especially shipping! Unless, of course, the intention was to make money selling the bit also.

lynnfrwd
07-13-2015, 02:34 PM
The Keyhole Function is $39.99 regular price and it INCLUDES the correct bit. You can also buy just the bit on our store for $24.99. (So, technically, the software is $15, if you want to look at it that way, but NO we will not sell the software without the bit.)

Bigtyme
07-13-2015, 07:35 PM
I bought the keyhole software add on and bit when it first came out and don't regret it at all. I use it all the time and have never had an issue with the software or the bit. It was well worth the investment to me. I like being able to exactly locate it in a design and bit have to worry about trying to get it located properly on my router table. It especially worked well on Steve's Pierced Heart pattern....

Underdog
07-27-2015, 12:53 PM
The Keyhole Function is $39.99 regular price and it INCLUDES the correct bit. You can also buy just the bit on our store for $24.99. (So, technically, the software is $15, if you want to look at it that way, but NO we will not sell the software without the bit.)

That's unfortunate. I'd probably buy it for that price... as it is, I'll just approximate it with the line tools and use my own bit. And for those folks that "have a bad day", I bet they only do it once...

RMarkey
07-27-2015, 05:05 PM
I tested multiple sizes and depths of keyhole bits until we settled on one, so the software is set for a specific size.