PDA

View Full Version : Problems with UCB

Dale
07-11-2015, 09:30 PM
My UCB suddenly developed a problem during the "Finding surface" step. I jog to position like I normally do, the bit comes over to the keyboard side and goes down to the touch block then goes to the hole on the oppsite side. It then drops into the hole several more times than normal then goes to the ouside of the UCB and drops down once more then I get the message "Ensure the slide plate is set". The slide plate is in between the two sides of the UCB almost touch the keyboard side. I blew the hole out with air and it seems to be clear but no help. I guess if I knew exactly what the machine was looking for during that step I would know what else to look for. If I put the board directly on the belts everything works normally.

bergerud
07-11-2015, 09:46 PM
The bob on the right after the bobs into the hole is the machine trying to touch the sliding plate that it thinks is there. The right touch block is supposed to fool it. It must not be touching the right touch block and then concluding that the sliding plate has not been set. I think you have forgotten the right touch block.

Dale
07-11-2015, 10:08 PM
The right touch block is there and it worked this morning on another project so guess I'll have to see why it is not touching now. I'll let you know what I found in the morning, we're having a thunder storm right now. Thanks for your help!

bergerud
07-11-2015, 10:26 PM
The blocks did not get switched did they?

Dale
07-12-2015, 11:11 AM
Found my problem. The touch blocks are in the correct position but after many times watching the bit try to touch the right touch block and "almost" but not quite reaching it found that my board was 3/32" thicker on one side than the other. This made the right touch block set just low enough that the bit would not touch. Tried a different board and it works fine.