PDA

View Full Version : fatal stack exception and slow roller feed

newcarver
03-10-2007, 03:32 PM
I got a "fatal stack exception - fatal exception 181"
Also had a problem with the roller feed slowing down to a crawl twords the end of the measuring process. Just wondering if anyone elsehad this happen

BobHill
03-11-2007, 12:48 AM
That also was the error I got (after the 1.120 install) first time out, after it stalled with the last board measurement task. After a reboot, it again did a temp stall for the final board meassurement, but after about three minutes (while I was on the phone to Mary) it started up all by itself and continued right through the carving. Strange, but I'm not so sure that 1.210 is really ready for use yet. I'm still getting a stall, but at least it's not giving me the Fatal Stack error 181 again.

Bob

newcarver
03-11-2007, 08:23 AM
Mine today measured properly, kinda scared to try anything else, it ruined 2 boards yesterday. This is the first problem i've had, and it was all after the new release lkie you. Ialos belive it was not ready.

newcarver
03-11-2007, 08:44 AM
If you get alot of errors, stalls, slow measure feed, you may wish to install 1.119 again, then format and erase you memory card, then when itsays default firmware 1.119 and installed 1.120, choose current and it will goback to 1.119. I did this in hopes of not ruining anymore boards, went through 2 yesterday.
The new release broke my 65 hour no problem run with the machine.
Wish they tested that on more.....

pkunk
03-11-2007, 11:36 AM
If you get alot of errors, stalls, slow measure feed, you may wish to install 1.119 again, then format and erase you memory card, then when itsays default firmware 1.119 and installed 1.120, choose current and it will goback to 1.119. I did this in hopes of not ruining anymore boards, went through 2 yesterday.
The new release broke my 65 hour no problem run with the machine.
Wish they tested that on more.....
I never get the option to go back. I tried it from 1.12 to 1.115 by tossing 1.12, installing 1.115 & reformating the card. Done, period.:confused:

trailblazzzer
03-13-2007, 12:07 PM
I recently upgraded my software to 1.120. I have also recently started having slow measuring on the last length measurement. I was carving a pattern today for my fathers birthday. It was a jpeg imported and put into a piece of oak. I heard an abnormal sound and it was carving strangly away from its normal stroke. Then it started down the board lengthwise. It started carving at the other end without finishing the middle. I also have trouble with my board sensor. It seems the readings I get from the owner manuals tests are real low. I've cleaned without taking it apart. Would the sensitivity of the board sensor make it measure slowly possible or make it carve strangly? I'd assume it would fault if the sensor had a change enough to go 6 inches down the board and start carving again. Sorry newcarver I have slow measuring but no fatal exception 181 yet.

Thanks for your time
Trailblazzzer

BobHill
03-13-2007, 03:05 PM
I finally gave up with the multitude of problems with 1.120 and also went back to 1.115 .... and all seems well at the moment. No more slow measureing, stalls, or seemingly multi problems with sensors ... so far. This is with a Beta machine.

Bob

Mike
03-15-2007, 03:41 PM
Mine is acting this way with 1.119. After it the board passes the front roller it goes right back to the proper board measureing speed.