PDA

View Full Version : Update link from Designer

SteveNelson46
07-08-2015, 10:48 AM
Does anyone else get this bad link message when checking for updates in Designer?

Dale
07-08-2015, 10:59 AM
I get the same thing.

fwharris
07-08-2015, 11:03 AM
When they updated the web site I bet they did not set up the correct pages for the link in Designer.

SteveNelson46
07-08-2015, 11:08 AM
When they updated the web site I bet they did not set up the correct pages for the link in Designer.

That's what I thought too.

bergerud
07-08-2015, 11:59 AM
If I recall, we have to wait for the next release for this to be fixed since the link is in Designer. (Cannot get there from here! LOL)

lynnfrwd
07-08-2015, 12:09 PM
Does anyone else get this bad link message when checking for updates in Designer?

We have to wait until next release. (you are correct)

Notice in the image under QUICK LINKS...
The first one is Download Designer Software

RMarkey
07-08-2015, 12:12 PM
we never change links in the designer software, it's up to the web redirects to handle changes. Of course, changes were made and people weren't notified. If the base names stayed the same it would have been fine, but all were changed for no apparent reason.

It kind-of works now.

SteveNelson46
07-08-2015, 12:26 PM
Thanks Metallus. At least now there's a link to download the software.

bergerud
07-08-2015, 12:33 PM
we never change links in the designer software, it's up to the web redirects to handle changes. Of course, changes were made and people weren't notified. If the base names stayed the same it would have been fine, but all were changed for no apparent reason.

It kind-of works now.

Well then, maybe someone could spend an afternoon and make redirects for the links whose names were changed. I think it is important that the links we have posted in the past to help users should be redirected to still work.

RMarkey
07-08-2015, 12:36 PM
What, from the forum? All of them? I wouldn't even know what links they were, or what they may have originally been intended for.

lynnfrwd
07-08-2015, 02:04 PM
Well then, maybe someone could spend an afternoon and make redirects for the links whose names were changed. I think it is important that the links we have posted in the past to help users should be redirected to still work.

An afternoon?! There are about 9.5 years worth of links in this forum.

I have attempted to redirect the main ones. If you still find one, please let me know and make sure you direct me to where you found the link, not the 404 page that you got.

Thanks
Connie