PDA

View Full Version : Controller Board issue

RobertP
06-30-2015, 05:31 PM
Hey guys, just wanted to share this little tip with you all. Last week I started having x axis failures, very intermittent issue but started getting worse. Eventually the problem spread to include the other axis being completely dead. I went through all the regular checklist of simple solutions first then gave the crew at CW a call and narrowed it down to the controller board.

Before I placed an order for I new one, I decided to crack the case open and have a look inside to see if there was anything obvious,and sure enough I found it. The two capacitors at C10 and C13 each had a lead broke off at the mount. I am going to replace these for a mere $4 and add some paste to help control vibration a bit. So just a heads up for anyone replacing theirs, check these first, it may save you a few bucks. :cool:

bergerud
06-30-2015, 05:48 PM
Let us know if that fixes it. Is that an old machine with the vibration from a QC?

fwharris
06-30-2015, 07:13 PM
Good find! Keep us posted on how your fix works out.

RobertP
07-06-2015, 07:20 PM
Update...... Replaced the capacitors this afternoon and still a no go....time for a new controller board

bergerud
07-06-2015, 07:54 PM
I hate it when that happens. (Electrolytic capacitors - are you sure you got the positive and negative right?)

RobertP
07-08-2015, 09:30 AM
I hate it when that happens. (Electrolytic capacitors - are you sure you got the positive and negative right?)

Yeah, I had the polarity correct. Also to answer your earlier question, the machine is a CS model. :)