PDA

View Full Version : finish design size was smaller then it was on software screen

wooden-eye
03-10-2007, 01:19 PM
I set the wood dimentions to the size of the board I was to carve on.
On my computer screen the design filled the board. But when the carve wright finished the board the carving was smaller then it looked on the screen with 1" of blank space above and below the carving and 3" on the left and the right. How do I make it fill the board like it did when I set it up in the software.

CallNeg151
03-10-2007, 02:50 PM
I set the wood dimentions to the size of the board I was to carve on.
On my computer screen the design filled the board. But when the carve wright finished the board the carving was smaller then it looked on the screen with 1" of blank space above and below the carving and 3" on the left and the right. How do I make it fill the board like it did when I set it up in the software.
This has been answered many, many times.

You chose "Stay under rollers" and then chose to scale the pattern to the board.

"Stay under rollers" is needed to ensure proper cutting if carving is done near the edge of the pattern, especially with cut-outs or deep carving, and helps prevent bit breakage by avoiding board warp or movement.

Stay under rollers requires 7" of extra board (3.5" on each side of the pattern).

In designer, the pattern the size that you want it to be (for example, 10"w x 12"l), but then insert a board 7" or more longer than your pattern when you cut (i.e. at least 10"w x 19"l). The pattern will then cut correctly. If prompted whether you wish to scale the pattern (because your board is larger than 10"x19"), the answer is "No," otherwise the pattern will enlarge.

Welcome aboard, but you can likely find answers to your questions if you use the "Search" option to see if someone else has encountered the same problem (in this case we ALL have).

Good luck!