PDA

View Full Version : Please Re-insert Card

Rich1947
03-10-2007, 10:29 AM
Hello - I'm a newbe so perhaps this problem has been addressed, but I have not been able to find it.

Just recieved my new machine and got it set up. Created a simple project and followed all of the instructions to get started. The carver starts up, the bit spins and moves down to the work piece. It then stops and I get the message "Re-insert Card, press enter when ready". The card is fully inserted. If I hold the card UP the bit will spin and start to carve. It runs for a few seconds and then stops again with the same message. Help!

:(

CallNeg151
03-10-2007, 10:52 AM
Hello - I'm a newbe so perhaps this problem has been addressed, but I have not been able to find it.

Just recieved my new machine and got it set up. Created a simple project and followed all of the instructions to get started. The carver starts up, the bit spins and moves down to the work piece. It then stops and I get the message "Re-insert Card, press enter when ready". The card is fully inserted. If I hold the card UP the bit will spin and start to carve. It runs for a few seconds and then stops again with the same message. Help!

:(
Just a few tips from a fellow user.

Not that it would likely matter for your problem, but if you haven't already done so, be sure to update designer and flash the firmware onto the card using the USB reader. This will verify that your card can be read reliably.

Turn the unit off, and then remove the card. Look inside the slot with a flashlight to make sure you don't have any bent pins or other obstruction. If everything is clear/straight, reinsert and remove the card a few times to try to to clean off any corrosion from the pins.

Insert the card fully into the machine, you should feel it seat itself, and it should feel snug. Turn the machine on, and see if you get the same error. If you do, call tech support. Your problem sounds like either the card is not firmly seated, or there is some sort of loose connection.

Good luck.

Rich1947
03-10-2007, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. Tried all of your tips - NO JOY! So I guess I will be calling Tech Support on Monday.

Rich1947
03-14-2007, 08:23 PM
Well I called Tech Support. Got right thru. Spoke to a very nice woman who quickly decided that the solution to my problem is to send me a new memory card. Said I should expect to receive it in 2 to 3 weeks. So assuming the card arrives in the promised time frame - I rate CW's customer service as an A.