PDA

View Full Version : roller bearings

aokweld101
06-25-2015, 08:45 AM
I have changed all of the roller bearings and I have some play on the y bearings do they tighten the same way as the X bearings ?

fwharris
06-25-2015, 10:25 AM
Yes, both Z and Y adjustable bearings are adjusted the same way.

aokweld101
06-25-2015, 11:17 AM
I was having a Forest Gump moment the rollers just needed tightened.... All is well in the neighborhood.

Digitalwoodshop
06-25-2015, 01:18 PM
It's a dance getting the bearing snug and also turning the wrench to rotate the bearing to the closed or pinched on the cam tightening on the rail. If you don't have the bearing in the correct position to turn it into the final position then it will result in a loose truck. Over tighten the screw while turning the bearing to the pinched position and you SNAP off the screw.... It takes a little luck and a little skill... I have snapped off my share doing it. Never try to turn the screw, just hold it, if not you will strip it.

mikemi
06-25-2015, 07:01 PM
Over tighten the screw while turning the bearing to the pinched position and you SNAP off the screw.... It takes a little luck and a little skill... I have snapped off my share doing it. Never try to turn the screw, just hold it, if not you will strip it.

I have found this out the hard way. I took it to a machine shop to have them fix it the first time, now I have a set of easy outs but don't have to use them very often.

Mike