PDA

View Full Version : Help with Pattern Editor

Loriblackdog
06-18-2015, 04:34 AM
When I save pattern to pattern editor, then I go back in I am trying to clean up around my pattern. I can get the dancing ants but I cannot get the eraser, fill, dropper tool to work? Am I doing something wrong? Is there anyone who can explain what I am missing? I appreciate your help. Thanks
:confused::confused::confused::confused: Loriblackdog

henry1
06-18-2015, 05:29 AM
Lori when I open it its in PTN not pattern editor the anchor look good there just have to save it to your favorite

bergerud
06-18-2015, 08:11 AM
By "danicng ants" I assume you mean you have used a selection tool. The rectangle or magic wand. When you use those tools, the other tools only work inside the selected areas. Click off of the pattern to unselect and then the tools work anywhere. Is that it?

Loriblackdog
06-18-2015, 08:31 AM
I have tried that, I also got out of the designer and went back in under open, and none of the tools will work except for the magic wand? Could there be a problem with the software? I really appreciate any advise of what I am missing or doing wrong. Thank You
Loriblackdog

bergerud
06-18-2015, 08:53 AM
If you open PE with a pattern and click on the eraser and it does not work, I am stumped. Are you saving the pattern as a .mpw? If so, change the extension to .ptn and upload to the forum. I can look at it in PE.

SteveNelson46
06-18-2015, 10:17 AM
Lori,

Try adjusting the tool height. A setting of "0" will erase to the bottom of the board or background and a setting that is equal to or greater than (=>) the depth of the pattern will do nothing. Essentially, the pattern editor is a height map editor and by setting the height of the tool (in this case the eraser) you are shaving off the top of the pattern down to the setting of the tool.

EDIT: When you are in the pattern editor the X, Y, Z coordinates of the mouse are in the lower left corner as in the Designer. "Z" is the height so when you pass the mouse over any region of the pattern the height is given at that location of the mouse. This may help you in setting the tool height.

Loriblackdog
06-18-2015, 12:48 PM
Hi Steve, I am new at this so, please bare with me. The numbers in the bottom corner are as follows:-4.250in x -2.375in x 0.000 the tool height is at 0.000, depth is 0.250. I am not sure what I need to do or what do I change, I tried the eraser again nothing happens? I really appreciate your help

Loriblackdog
06-18-2015, 12:51 PM
Hi,
I did upload my saved pic on the first post. If you can't get it let me know and I can upload again. I appreciate your help

bergerud
06-18-2015, 01:15 PM
Hi,
I did upload my saved pic on the first post. If you can't get it let me know and I can upload again. I appreciate your help

The problem is that no one else can open your pattern in the PE. For everyone else, it only can be imported into favorites. If, however, you save it as artwork (.mpw) then others can open it in the PE. The problem with that is that the .mpw file type cannot be uploaded to the forum! I was saying that if you save it as .mpw and then change the file extension to .ptn, you can upload it and we can open it in the PE. That may be too much trouble for you to do.

I see that your pattern is flat. Try another pattern which is not flat just to see if it works.

Edit: or try and invert it

bergerud
06-18-2015, 01:42 PM
How about a screen capture of your PE screen? Could you post that?

Loriblackdog
06-18-2015, 02:08 PM
Hi Bergerud,
I am trying this again76565

bergerud
06-18-2015, 02:17 PM
Patterns that people make are copy protected by the software. Only you can open your .ptn file in the PE. For everyone else, it goes to the import image dialog and can only be saved in favorites. Any attempt to edit it in the PE just gives a "Not Allowed" error.

If I take your .jpg and import it, I have no problem erasing parts of it in PE.

Loriblackdog
06-18-2015, 02:42 PM
Hi
Please see attached print screen

bergerud
06-18-2015, 03:08 PM
I am at a loss to explain why your features do not work. I imported your jpg and have no trouble.

SteveNelson46
06-18-2015, 08:12 PM
Lori,

I'm sorry if this seems like a dumb question but, sometimes the obvious is overlooked. In the Pattern Editor, which side of the screen are you trying to make changes? You can only edit on the right side. The left side is only to see the changes that are made on the right side

Loriblackdog
06-19-2015, 04:44 AM
Hi,
I think my designer maybe hosed. I cannot locate the link to the updated 1.87 version anywhere, so that I can reload it. Can you send the link? I will try to re-install and see if that doesn't help. I welcome any other ideas.

Thank you, again
Loriblackdog

bergerud
06-19-2015, 08:23 AM
Let us know how it goes.

http://www.carvewright.com/updates/

Loriblackdog
06-19-2015, 08:52 AM
Hi,
I am so sorry, however when I go to your link and click on download, nothing happens, I know it is not this hard???? but I don't know what I am doing wrong?? Please don't give up on me... Thank you

Lori

bergerud
06-19-2015, 08:57 AM
http://www.carvewright.com/assets/downloads/designer_1_187.exe