PDA

View Full Version : Cutting out letters

cjudas
06-13-2015, 09:48 AM
Ok, my daughter saw some cut out letters at a craft show the other day. She has now asked if I could that with my CW.... I told her I would try. Is there an easier way to do this short of tracing and outlining? I have been trying to do it in different fonts but no luck so far. And suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks, Chris

bergerud
06-13-2015, 10:44 AM
It is easy. Just create a raster text letter. Use Outline Pattern to outline it. Select the outline and make it a Cut Out. (You can then delete the original raster letter.)

cjudas
06-13-2015, 11:06 AM
Thank you for the help. You were right, its easy. Now how do I put tabs in? The tab button isn't active when I do this.

cjudas
06-13-2015, 11:08 AM
Never mind, I figured it out. Thank you very much Bergerud

Digitalwoodshop
06-13-2015, 01:06 PM
Glad you got it... When I did it with PVC Board I setup 2 projects.... One to get the letters sized properly. Then I would do another single letter and supper impose it over top of the text one letter at a time. Then copy and past the single letter into the other project and moved it around for best board usage. Even did some larger 2 part letters that I made double thick and screwed together. I should take pictures of the finish project someday. The customer put the letters up and painted them.

The last picture was for designing the size of the sign and letters. Placed a white box 4 feet long on the ground if front to the building and took a picture. In Corel Draw I made the box 4 inches for scale. With Zoning Laws in this case, She submitted my drawings and calculation of square feet...

AL