PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic Customer Service

DAT60A3
03-09-2007, 06:56 PM
I bought a CompuCarve system a few weeks ago. I couldn't get the bit to install. The quick connect was not cocking. I followed all of the suggestions posted on this forum to no avail. The damn thing was just not working. I called CW and got a call back the next day. I talked to Chris and he gave me some more suggestions. These didn't work, either. Today I took the time to drive down to LHR Technologies in Pasadena with my non-working machine (I live in Katy, only about 50 miles from LHR). I was treated extremely well fom the first contact. They helped me bring in my machine and it was immediately determined that it was actually the machine at fault and not operator headspace and timing that needed adjusting. Omar and Chris (not [I]The Bard[I]) were great. They immediately took the quick connect apart and proceeded to rebuilt it. Since I had the time, I stayed there while they did their magic. It turns out that a small part was just enough out of spec to cause the problem. It took about 2 hours, but the problem was resolved. During the time that I was there, the technicians were just solid busy. Anyone wondering why it is taking time to get their machine repaired should know that it isn't because the techs aren't doing anything. I left at 12:30 and they hadn't even taken time for lunch! These guys are good and dedicated. When I got home, I tried the machine out and it worked great. I am an extremely satisfied customer. It is fortunate that I live reasonably close to their office. I hope I never have to take the machine in for service again, but if I do, I will be confident that it will be taken care of. Great job, guys!

Greg

Digitalwoodshop
03-09-2007, 07:03 PM
Greg,

Being a forum user, I guessing you asked about BARD? Did you? Can you share any insight on him?

AL

DAT60A3
03-09-2007, 07:12 PM
Yes, I asked about The Bard. They immediately knew who I was talking about. I didn't meet him, but his co-workers were pretty positive about him. It is a fairly small operation where everyone knows each other and from what I could tell, got along very well. In fact, one of the women in the office should be bringing peach cobbler on Monday. From the reaction of the techs, it won't last very long.

oju392
03-09-2007, 07:52 PM
Well, I am very glad to hear about the fantastic service.
I've had quite a few problems with the machine I bought from Sears and was considering taking it back for a refund as currently I am going through a very nasty divorce and this machine has been my best friend since I moved out. I really thought long and hard about my debts and how this could relieve some of my problems but, on the other hand it has been a physological life saver. I am heart broke that it went kaput on me.
I knew it would be difficult to get a phone call through but finally day before yesterday I did call technical support and got to talk to "The Bard". My prayers where answered, he is a great guy that I do trust. Last night after getting a PDF file from him and going through some diagnostic tests he gave me two choices and I chose the 2nd choice to send the machine back and let the professionals fix it. (Hopefully it won't be gone long.)
I don't know who made the decision to ban "The Bard" from here but I understand his sense of humor as I have a pretty weird one as well and that's okay. (The world would be a mess if we where all created the same...) and I know we can't please everyone all the time.
I have had very pleasant conversations with all the CarveWright people and understand the delays...
Sure my bits took a while to come and I haven't gotten to use them yet but the Carve Wright people that I have talked to on the phone where very honest and courteous with me and have all treated me really a whole lot better that any other group I have ever dealt with.

YOU ALL ARE GREAT!
John B.