PDA

View Full Version : Help please fix soldier cross

dehrlich
06-11-2015, 09:24 PM
See attached. Trying to fix pattern for a "full size" soldier cross... basically a yard art piece. The problem I'm having is... if you look you can see the end of the barrel site coming through the boot. I moved the boot up from my previous design so make this point stronger, and more like a real soldier cross in which the barrel is stuck in the dirt, or sand. There are some hidden items on this carve so be careful moving stuff around. Also i still use 1.187. Thanks

bergerud
06-11-2015, 10:44 PM
Take the boot out of the group and make the group Clip Exclusive.

blhutchens
06-12-2015, 02:06 AM
The only way I could get it to work is to change the board thickness to 1 inch and set the depth for the m14 to 1 inch.
I tried what Dan suggested and it did not work.

oscarl48
06-12-2015, 07:05 AM
Brent, I wonder if its a version thing. I dragged the boot out of the group and then right clicked on the remaining two items in the group and brought up the clipping submenu. Selected clip exclusive and it fixed the boot.

Dan that is slick. I keep learning something new every time I log on here.

bergerud
06-12-2015, 08:38 AM
The only way I could get it to work is to change the board thickness to 1 inch and set the depth for the m14 to 1 inch.
I tried what Dan suggested and it did not work.

The Clip Exclusive has to applied to the group. Right click on group in the carving list and apply.

dehrlich
06-12-2015, 08:51 AM
Awesome! Learn something new every day. Thanks so much!

blhutchens
06-12-2015, 01:26 PM
The Clip Exclusive has to applied to the group. Right click on group in the carving list and apply.

I just tried again, it works fine. I don't think I was clicking on the group before.