PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way

edsingletary
06-09-2015, 06:56 PM
Hi all, is there a way to take the Eagle Globe Anchor in the Marine Corps emblem and turn it into a v carve. I'm working on a cigar box for my old Platoon Sgt from VietNam and I think a nice v carving on top would be more professional looking than a raster cut for this fine piece of work . Any ideas on how this is done simply, like push a button and Bam, v carving .

TerryT
06-09-2015, 07:37 PM
http://www.readytocut.com/community/threads/marines.329/

If you have DXF importer or some other method of creating a DXF.

edsingletary
06-09-2015, 08:34 PM
What exactly does the dxf do is it strictly for v carve stuff. If there is an advantage to having it I will buy it, probably a 199 thing.

blhutchens
06-09-2015, 08:47 PM
What exactly does the dxf do is it strictly for v carve stuff. If there is an advantage to having it I will buy it, probably a 199 thing.

DXF files are 2d cut outs or vectors. There are many resources with these files. They are used by plasma, lasers, vinyl cutters etc.....
you can select a v bit an carve them as well. I have imported many 3d puzzles with dxf importer and cut them out.
I think you are right about the price.....I would wait till after the conference, they usually have a sale, it could save you a little

bergerud
06-09-2015, 08:59 PM
You can do things like this.