PDA

View Full Version : still back again with a new problem

oldjoe
06-07-2015, 08:11 AM
Big How do you do everyone. I am back and as usual i have a question this time. So someone can help me out hopefully its an easy one.
Here goes. I have had my CW for about 7 or so years but this is a more a computer software question. My laptop where i run designer is old and slow and does not connect to the internet very well. Kind of a hit and miss thing. But my question is if I use a different computer can I purchase a pattern from the store and transfer the pattern to one of those USB Stick memory things and then install it on my laptop? I would just switch computers but i have done that once already and so i would have to repurchase centerline.
Thanks for the input. Someday I will have to post a picture of a recent piece of work:lol:

bergerud
06-07-2015, 08:33 AM
You would not have to repurchase centerline if you switched computers. Support will remove your old computer from your web account and you can add the new one. Just send them an email and request the old computer be removed.

Digitalwoodshop
06-07-2015, 12:37 PM
I believe you can have Designer on 2 computers...

cestout
06-07-2015, 07:07 PM
You can have designer and all licensed stuff (including Centerline) on up to 2 computers. If you change computers, call CarveWright and have the license removed for the old one and get the new one registered. I think if you have more than one machine you get 2 for each machine, but I don't know since we now have to pay for upgrades and I only bought 2 and 3 once. Connie or Joe, what are the rules now?
Clint

oldjoe
06-09-2015, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the input. I will have to contact carvewright and get that part done.

lynnfrwd
06-09-2015, 01:57 PM
Updates are free. Upgrades are paid.