PDA

View Full Version : Missing black dotted layout lines??

DJKnutsen
06-03-2015, 11:44 AM
I have two Mac computers running Designer 2.007.... When I draw a rectangle on one, the black dotted lines show up when the rectangle is NOT selected. If I do the same thing on the other system, there is no trace of the rectangle unless I have it selected... Then it shows up with the white layout lines and red corner dots. I've searched for some toggle or attribute that I somehow turned off on the one system, but I can't find any differences between the two setups...?? I suspect it's one of those things the normally work... and somehow, I've screwed it up... Help me fix it.. Please!

bergerud
06-03-2015, 12:01 PM
Toggle Construction Lines under View??

DJKnutsen
06-03-2015, 01:33 PM
NOP!! On the one computer (that displays the dotted lines correctly) toggling the "Construction Lines" does in fact turn the black dotted lines on and off.... But on the bad actor, toggling the construction lines on, only displays light black dotted lines the divide my board into four quadrants.... but does not display the non selected rectangles... Should I delete the Designer 2 and reinstall it?

bergerud
06-03-2015, 01:41 PM
I would first check under edit - preferences - 3D Graphics and see if all the settings between computers are the same.

DJKnutsen
06-03-2015, 02:32 PM
I played with the 3-D graphics options but didn't note any change. I did load up the older version of designer (1.187) and it displays the black dotted lines correctly... guess I'll re-create my projects on the compute using the older software... but that's a drag because it limits the usefulness of have the two systems... one office, one shop. and I've paid for the Designer 2 software... I just checked the Designer 3 (trial) version and it also works just fine! Go figure..!