PDA

View Full Version : I messed up - ROYALLY.

NLAlston
05-26-2015, 10:06 PM
Finally completed the run of two, new electrical lines for my Carvewright, and DC. Had gotten set up to carve another Litho. I really wanted to do good on this one, also, because it is of my mother. I got everything going, and had to step aside, for a few, as there was something which had to be attended to. When I returned to the carver, it had done enough for me to be able to see that something had been set up really wrong. Either that, or something went totally screwy with my machine. But I BET that it had to do with a miscalculation on MY part. I have attached the MPC file, as well as two photos of what had resulted.

bergerud
05-26-2015, 11:06 PM
Just remember, the tool bars at the top of the Designer window correspond to the keypad side of the machine. You should have rotated 90.

bergerud
05-26-2015, 11:18 PM
You could also turn off the floor feather, the feather, and use bit optimization best.

NLAlston
05-27-2015, 01:42 AM
You could also turn off the floor feather, the feather, and use bit optimization best.

Don't know about the Feathering/Floor Feathering features. If they were ticked(I am on my IPad, now) then it must have been by default, and I just didn't happen to notice it. But I DO know that I DID select the 'Best' choice for Bit Optimization. I had also chosen the 'Optimal' carve quality, which would have resulted in slightly more than a 3-1/2hr carving time.

Mugsowner
05-27-2015, 06:13 AM
Don't know about the Feathering/Floor Feathering features. If they were ticked(I am on my IPad, now) then it must have been by default, and I just didn't happen to notice it. But I DO know that I DID select the 'Best' choice for Bit Optimization. I had also chosen the 'Optimal' carve quality, which would have resulted in slightly more than a 3-1/2hr carving time.

When you bring a pattern in , there is a default feather of 1/4".

myshop1044
05-27-2015, 08:55 AM
A quick note, before you do a good carve try a 1/4" plywood test first, saves the litho material.

rcdages
05-27-2015, 09:54 AM
Nathan,

I sent you a pm.