PDA

View Full Version : Looking for

Iron Mike
05-25-2015, 01:53 PM
http://www.salute.co.uk/archive/warlords/gallery/nam/NAM02.JPG

Looking for an Air Force 'A1E' aircraft pattern - perhaps something like above w/o a background. Still working on the plaque for the Pleiku Air Base Association (Vietnam). Thanks for any help.

blantz
05-25-2015, 03:18 PM
My attempt at a skyraider

Iron Mike
05-25-2015, 04:49 PM
Thanks blantz - but the lower left prop is a problem as is the difference in ptn depth from tail to nose. Can you or someone 'fix' or do a different one?

I appreciate the attempt.

oscarl48
05-25-2015, 07:10 PM
All this practice is helping me at least get faster..not better just faster. Still can't make organic models to save my life but here is a quick model I built.

Even though I am prior Air Force I have to say that is one utilitarian looking plane. Not sexy at all.

But another model that is going into my portfolio. Used bas relief due to the depth of the model with three different views. I prefer to use stl import when I can but haven't quite gotten the technique down for deep models yet.

Hope they help.

oscarl48
05-25-2015, 08:24 PM
Added some additional detail. Fixed some weird angles I didn't catch earlier. Depth is .5 with height of 400 with bit optimization at best for image enclosed. That is as best as I am going to get it.

Edit: I should have mentioned at the beginning. My patterns are really shallow so I hope someone can make a whole lot better. Blantz nice.

Iron Mike
05-26-2015, 08:39 AM
Thank you - that looks like it will do the job quite well.

Like the A10 the A1E has done an impressive job that the 'fast burners' couldn't do. On their rescue flights they were called Sandy! One of our group, Col. Fisher, got the Medal of Honor for his Skyraider rescue of his downed wingman -a true hero. 'Beyond the Call of Duty' if you're interested.