PDA

View Full Version : Release handle

wwill84751
05-14-2015, 10:28 PM
Hello, I am new to this machine. I picked mine up at an estate sale, not knowing anything about it. However it didnt come with anything other than the machine itself. I ordered the memory card, and the machine works... I have read the manual online but its just not enough information for me. I am wondering what the release handle is inside the machine. Not the red handle but on the right hand inside the machine? I am having a problem getting the machine to go up or down. Its stuck and finally noticed why as the handle has a crack in it so I am in the process of ordering a new upper left side piece. But that release handle has me puzzled and also if there a way to move a stuck machine? I can tell it to scan a board but it knows the board is not there and since I cant get it up or down, I am where I am... Please guide me!:D

fwharris
05-14-2015, 10:50 PM
I am guessing you are asking the bit plate. It pops out when the cutting head (Y truck) moves to the far right side and pushes against the plate to make it flip out. The bit plate is used to measure the bit length during the start up procedure when starting up a carve.

It sounds like you have cranked the head up to high and it is locked up. On the far right side behind the bit plate is the lead screw. You will see a hole in the screw. Place a nail or other small tool in the hole and turn the screw to free up the head so it will lower down with the crank handle.

On the main CarveWright site there is a support section with lots of tutorials on the machine and software. The machine area has lots of "how to" for trouble shooting and maintenance.

Canemaker
05-15-2015, 09:42 AM
If you post where you are located, you may be surprised and find out that someone else with a machine might be close enough to provide some needed support. Hands on experience is sometimes greater knowledge than the written form. Follow all directions on cleaning your machine as noted on in the tutorials on www.carvewright.com
John

wwill84751
05-20-2015, 04:03 PM
We are in Fruita CO. So anyone out there close by?

wwill84751
05-20-2015, 04:06 PM
When I bought the machine, it wouldnt crank up or down. I finally noticed the handle had a crack in it. So I am waiting for that piece to come in yet, but it is cranked all the way down. I couldnt get it to go up and assuming its all the way down. Anyway, I looked for that lead screw to no avail. I wonder if its because the machine is cranked all the way down?

Canemaker
05-20-2015, 04:22 PM
If you take a flash light you can see the lead screw in the middle of either side. It runs all the way from the top to the bottom positioned in the middle of the sides. In the lead screw you will find a hole drilled through the screw, watch closely, because it might be turned so you can't see the hole.

fwharris
05-20-2015, 06:20 PM
We are in Fruita CO. So anyone out there close by?

I am in Greeley, same state just the other side of it.

You might, if you have not done already, need to take the bottom cover off of the machine to get to the tie rod. See if there is any play in the movement. There should be a small amount. You might have to loosen the tie rod from each end to see if the head will raise up..

Check your "notifications" at the top right of the page.. sending you a message.

wwill84751
05-20-2015, 10:13 PM
I will take you up on calling you as soon as I get it in my shop where I can take it apart. I just had a shop put in and currently moving all wood working things in it now...

wwill84751
05-25-2015, 12:54 PM
Just thanking you for your response... I got it up an running. Believe it or not it was in the tierod but its the plastic part that holds the bearing. Right now I am able to manually adjust the machine. Also found a wire for the sensor rollers was chewed, perhaps a mouse? We wired that part and its all working now. Did a couple of plaques! Went thru the settings and I dont know who would buy the machine and only use it 20 minutes? That is what the motor time was reading! At any rate, I have me a working machine! Yah!

NLAlston
06-03-2015, 05:28 PM
Really happy for you. The CW is truly a JB (Joy Bringer), and you wait.......you are going to have oodles, and oodles of fun with it :).