PDA

View Full Version : Editing a pattern crashes my system...??

DJKnutsen
05-11-2015, 11:01 PM
I'm running Designer 2.007 on a Macintosh with Yosemite OS X10.10.3, with the scanner probe and Pattern Editor (ver.??) but if I double click a pattern and try to save it (changed or not) designer goes into never never land.... Many times!! I've deleted 2.007 and reloaded it to no effect...??? I'm quit new to CarveWright, so I'm not the least bit confident that it's not me... but I've watched several of Ask Bud's videos, and I think I'm doing everything right... I even downloaded the trial copy of Designer Pro 3, and it does the same thing,
... I found a link talking about Yosemite installing and messing up X11 (xquartz2.7.7~~) so I dumped and reloaded xquartz too... still no good! :???:

blhutchens
05-12-2015, 06:40 AM
I just updated to yosemite with the x11. I have had similar issues. I don't know exactly the circumstances that it happens. List night I could not even get a pattern to load into editor.
After several attempts if finally worked.
I seems it happens when I have other apps open more often.
I close safari, mail, etc...
I also have Time machine, so sometimes a backup causes a lockup
I am using 3.0 and have the same issues

lynnfrwd
05-12-2015, 02:49 PM
Yosemite install removes a line of x11 that is needed. Reinstall x11 here: http://xquartz.macosforge.org

You will also need to turn off App Nap.
Right click on Designer icon.
Go to Get Infor
Click on box to PREVENT APP NAP.

blhutchens
05-12-2015, 05:00 PM
I know you have been over this before, but THANK YOU!!!!!!

DJKnutsen
05-12-2015, 09:13 PM
I just had success using pattern editor, and it didn't crash designer... I edited a pattern, and saved it to disk, but I didn't actually close the editor... I just clicked on the designer and drove the editor to the background, and everything worked as it should... I was able to import the modified and saved pattern, and drag it to my board, and everything worked!! When I was all finished, I closed designer, and then the editor... Yahoo... I think I can live with this... even though it's 'clugie' it beats crash after crash... Cheers, D