PDA

View Full Version : Trying to cut out little people..?

DJKnutsen
05-09-2015, 05:46 PM
I've got a JPG with the outline of several little people (like ginger bread men) and when I import it into the pattern editor, all I can seem to do is make a carved copy of the drawing... I've tried to use the outline function to designate a through cut path, but it won't "outline" my drawings... What I want to do is cut out a mass of these little guys. I'm using Designer 2.007 on a MAC with Pattern Editor

fwharris
05-09-2015, 05:55 PM
Does you images have a background? If so you need to remove it to get to just your little people.

Post a picture that you are trying to work with.

Mugsowner
05-09-2015, 09:36 PM
Will these work for you?7601776018

DJKnutsen
05-10-2015, 10:29 AM
I've got it!! I found Steve Nelson's videos, and realized that I had been selecting the pattern I'd placed on the board, which had several figures on it.... Watching Steve's video, I realized that he just slipped across the board... Which initially looks the same as selecting the pattern, but then when he chose the "outline option" everything worked and I had my cut lines clearly defined.... You look, listen and read, but it's the little things that make you stumble... Oh well, I got a really good day's worth of in depth CW study, and thank those of you who responded to my plea.... Now all I have to do is use what I've learned, so I can move on to me next lesson... Cheers, Dave

DJKnutsen
05-10-2015, 05:58 PM
Thanks Mugsowner for the MPC's... cute!! I'll stash them for a project to keep the grandkids busy this summer... Cheers -D

Mugsowner
05-10-2015, 08:28 PM
7602976028I made them up for my mother. She wanted them to display her children, grand children, and great grand childen. She paints and hangs them.

mtylerfl
05-10-2015, 09:16 PM
That's a cute project. I like it!

Mugsowner
05-11-2015, 05:48 AM
This is what I used when I cut them out to save time. It is 6x6 of each.

bjbethke
05-12-2015, 08:19 PM
I've got a JPG with the outline of several little people (like ginger bread men) and when I import it into the pattern editor, all I can seem to do is make a carved copy of the drawing... I've tried to use the outline function to designate a through cut path, but it won't "outline" my drawings... What I want to do is cut out a mass of these little guys. I'm using Designer 2.007 on a MAC with Pattern Editor

I have several little people patterns, will something like this work?

I offer my patterns on CD and DVD's
If you would like the complete pattern file, send me a "PM" with your e-mail; I can send them to you. BJB