PDA

View Full Version : Bit carves too deep

rjp736
03-08-2007, 09:15 PM
Anyone had a problem with the bit that ran too deep. My carving starts off ok, then begins to run deeper. Started with 12" board and by the time it was done it was an 1/8 deeper on the finished end. Any reasons/solutions?

Cliff
03-08-2007, 09:26 PM
I've seen reponses relating to things like: does the board stay under rollers to the leveling of the outfeed tables.

rjp736
03-08-2007, 09:28 PM
Board stays under the roller and it is level. I have run about 20 projects with no problem until my last two. Don't know if it's the new update or not but it never did this before.

pkunk
03-08-2007, 09:38 PM
Anyone had a problem with the bit that ran too deep. My carving starts off ok, then begins to run deeper. Started with 12" board and by the time it was done it was an 1/8 deeper on the finished end. Any reasons/solutions?
First off, please everyone post your present version # and any other particulars that might help.
I upgraded to 1.119, had problems & went back to 1.115. New firmware did get installed on the machine.
I had something like that today that I can't explain. Of course, I could take the easy way out and say it is the new firmware. It's the only thing different happening on my otherwise 'perfect' machine.:( New sample board I was making with some VA3D samples went almost 1/2" deep by the end of the board. Checked the bit in the CR holder and it was tight. Try it again tomorrow.