PDA

View Full Version : Memories of St John

cestout
04-26-2015, 04:06 PM
I was asked to make a collage from 11 signs from St John in the American Virgin Islands. Here is what I am shipping out. 5 are carved and painted, 5 are Decoupage, and on a combination. Two, in the upper and lower left corners could not have been done without the new 1/32 carving bit. They are attached to the 2 x 2 ship lap roughsawn backing with 2 sided tape to handle the change in humidity from here in CA to the destination in Florida. I used the 2D and 3D suites to create most of the patterns. I got help from this community finding the font for the Mongoose Junction sign.
Clint

mtylerfl
04-26-2015, 04:21 PM
Looks great, Clint! I just visited St. John's island in January. It's a beautiful place and now they'll have some beautiful signs, too. Great work! (I assume they will be going from Florida to St. John? ...or are they staying in FL?)

cestout
04-26-2015, 04:49 PM
She and her husband spent a lot of time there. He passed away and this will help hold the memories. She wrote me a nice email explaining this after I when she notified me she was making the final payment. Makes the hours I spent on this worth while.
Clint

mtylerfl
04-26-2015, 04:50 PM
Sorry to hear of his passing. This will be a nice way to remember the good times they had together on St. John.

xchief807
04-26-2015, 04:57 PM
Very nice really nice work I'm sure she will be very happy.

mikemi
04-26-2015, 07:18 PM
Great job Clint. Lots of color and I am sure there are a lot of memories displayed for her.

Mike