PDA

View Full Version : Z Axis Stall ERR E06-0324

Icutone2
04-17-2015, 03:28 PM
Greetings, Some help would be greatly helpful, I am getting a error Z Axis Stall. This is a A machine with 1025 hours, Software Ver. 2.007. Just received a rebuilt cut motor, installed it and now I get this error.
Replaced the FCC cable or flat ribbon cable. Still no luck. Went through the system axis checks and all but the Z axis checks out working. The Z truck is very stiff to move. When I unplug the motor cable from the Z axis motor
that goes to the circuit board on the Z motor the Z truck moves freely. Evan with the power disconnected, plug on hard to move plug off moves freely. Ordered a new Head Termination Board Assembly hopping that this will fix the problem
Any other ideas will help! CONFUSED!!!
Thanks,
Lee7558875589

Digitalwoodshop
04-17-2015, 06:45 PM
With power on the servo motors can be stiff to move....

Do you have the little black cap that covers the circuit board shown AND supports the FFC Cable? I was in a hurry and left it off... When the project started the FFC Cable drooped and snagged ripping it out at a down angle under power and it shorted out the z Motor.... I had another motor and was able to swap it quick to determin the failure... Put the bad one back just to check it, and it was bad...

Look at my pictures and be sure that both ends of the FFC Cable have the correct 14 pin circuit board... The other one has clips on the computer wires.... Plugging a 14 pin FFC Cable into a OLD 18 pin circuit board can short out the Z due to the wider pins.

I call it a 16 pin in some old pictures but it is a 18 pin old...

AL

bergerud
04-17-2015, 07:25 PM
When do you get the stall? Any other information about the stall could help.

Icutone2
04-17-2015, 08:34 PM
Thanks for the reply AL. I will check the cables tomorrow and get back then. And thanks again.
Lee

Icutone2
04-18-2015, 05:45 PM
Well I have both old and new Z motor packs. Will have to wait for the new boards to arrive to see which works. Thanks for the help All.
Lee

Digitalwoodshop
04-18-2015, 06:37 PM
If you have a old MOTOR you can put the new 14 pin board on it....

Icutone2
04-18-2015, 06:43 PM
I have the 14 pin motor on it now. But I get a Close Cover Error, I know the switches are closed. Hoping The replacement
boards will fix it.
Lee

bergerud
04-18-2015, 07:08 PM
Disconnect the board senor plug and see if the close cover message stops.

Icutone2
04-18-2015, 07:27 PM
bergerud, Unplugged and still shows Close Cover.
Lee

Digitalwoodshop
04-19-2015, 11:26 AM
With the 14 pin board the left cover switch plug goes in with the one white wire to the center of the machine. I can be forced on 180 out and will be open cover all the time...

AL

Icutone2
04-19-2015, 05:32 PM
Al, The pin is in the right location. Still get the Cover Open. Will try with the new boards. And see if that fixes it.
Thanks again
Lee

DianMayfield
04-19-2015, 08:18 PM
I thought that I had read on one of the posts that one of the switch's had shifted inwards so the cover bump no longer depressed it enough to trigger it. Might be something to look at.

Digitalwoodshop
04-20-2015, 12:04 PM
Good point.... I didn't think of the switch or cover loose... If you manually push in the switch with the cover open and it works, it could be a loose cover. I use the "seat belt" of tape to hold the cover tight to the switch. Applied with the cover slightly open.

AL

Icutone2
04-26-2015, 04:08 PM
OK! It is fixed! Replaced the Z Motor Electronics Board Assembly And the Head Termination Electronics Board Assembly with a new 14 pin fcc cable and all
is working again.Fantastic!! Thanks for all the help. And again what a great forum to be a member of!
Thanks
Lee