PDA

View Full Version : Memory card

doug
04-17-2015, 10:51 AM
I am getting a message to REINSERT MEMORY CARD why'll carving.

lynnfrwd
04-17-2015, 10:53 AM
Be careful inserting and removing memory card. Machine should always be OFF when doing so. Make sure it is fully seated and don't jam it in as you can bend a pin.

bergerud
04-17-2015, 11:06 AM
Could there be dust in the slot? Look at the pins inside and make sure they are all straight and the same length.

doug
04-17-2015, 11:09 AM
I wedged a piece of cardboard under memory card, seems to be working OK.

lynnfrwd
04-17-2015, 11:28 AM
Usually the memory card is such a tight fit, ppl have trouble taking it out and put tape on the end to get a finger hold.

It is vibrating loose during the carve. Highly unusual. Make sure after you put the card in, you firmly push in more.

Digitalwoodshop
04-17-2015, 12:17 PM
About 2 years ago I saw a post similar and it was from squeezing the card at the exposed end while in the machine and pulling it out. I appeared that the metal was bent in from squeezing... Many of us have some tape on the card making a "Ear" to pull it out easy...

You must also be careful doing maintenance on the machine with the card OUT as blowing and falling sawdust can get stuck in the exposed pins of the computer that the card plugs into. Then when you plug in the card, it smashes the wood into the pins.

Picture from 2007....

:) AL

My machine is working cutting tags today, first use since early November.... :)