PDA

View Full Version : May I pick your brain? - Impossible customer order

maryamick
04-15-2015, 10:49 AM
If this post isn't in the right section please feel free to redirect me.

I have a customer that is requesting a sign for her minister parents. The name of their ranch is happy feet ranch and she would like me to incorporate a bible scripture and a graphic that clearly represents happy feet (??!!!??) after a month I've come up with nothing. Does anyone have any design ideals on how in the world you stick feet on an elegant sign with a bible scripture. This is a mother's day present for ministers, it needs to be elegant and beautiful. I have 3 weeks and I got nothing.

Thanks in advance for all of your help... this is the first time a customer has utterly and completely stumped me.

Connie B.

CNC Carver
04-15-2015, 10:52 AM
http://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Feet Bible verses about feet

maryamick
04-15-2015, 10:53 AM
Happy Feet is in reference to the life they live, the path they have chosen for their lives, not the cartoon movie.

maryamick
04-15-2015, 10:55 AM
thanks for your reply. She wants an actual outline or graphic of feet.. with the idea that the feet are happy. If the sign was more cartoony or funny I could do that... but elegant? I just dont know.

maryamick
04-15-2015, 10:59 AM
I thought about incorporating actual foot steps instead of feet.. something close to this. 75552

Mike58
04-15-2015, 11:17 AM
If this post isn't in the right section please feel free to redirect me.

I have a customer that is requesting a sign for her minister parents. The name of their ranch is happy feet ranch and she would like me to incorporate a bible scripture and a graphic that clearly represents happy feet (??!!!??) after a month I've come up with nothing. Does anyone have any design ideals on how in the world you stick feet on an elegant sign with a bible scripture. This is a mother's day present for ministers, it needs to be elegant and beautiful. I have 3 weeks and I got nothing.

Thanks in advance for all of your help... this is the first time a customer has utterly and completely stumped me.

Connie B.

Maybe not much help, but if she wants a bible scripture incorporated on it, why doesn't she provide you with it? I think she shouldn't expect you to try to find something that she will find appropriate if she cannot herself. I think I would redirect this back onto her and tell her with this being HER idea, she needs to give you what she would like on it.

With this being personal, it seems it would be very difficult for you to find that special thing that she wants. I see your job being to create in wood what she is wanting after she provides you with what it is she does want.

JimmieDuke
04-15-2015, 12:25 PM
Just some ideas.
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTp6CSIAQ33XwLm-fNI_HM-HPWqeyYjutgE2hdJEXjOwlSbMJOU
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRT7c0sdt0ZpS0TomP29NGU16V-SF3-yP5iY1j3x-dq9FXkOkvLEA

maryamick
04-15-2015, 01:06 PM
I so agree!!!

maryamick
04-15-2015, 01:07 PM
you may be on to something here...foot steps in the shape of a heart with a flowy scripture inside... let me see if I can produce that... thanks so much for your imput.

lynnfrwd
04-15-2015, 01:57 PM
If it is for her parents...this verse is how parents raise their children and the path they take.

Proverbs 22:6New King James Version (NKJV)6 Train up a child in the way he should go,
And when he is old he will not depart from it.

oscarl48
04-18-2015, 05:00 PM
Here is just another idea with a slightly different twist to the theme.

maryamick
05-23-2015, 11:36 PM
this is amazing. I forgot to come back and check this thread~ beautiful.