PDA

View Full Version : Z motor question

DDV
03-08-2007, 02:23 AM
After spending a couple of hours reading over the manual I started going over the CC that I got off e-bay. Its seems like to last owner bought it on the 20th of January and took it back on the 24th. The reason for the return he states (note enclosed in box with unit)was he couldn't get the bit adapter out of the chuck. He also states in the note that he had made 2 small pcs and them tried to change bits. Nothing about how the cover got broken.

The note didn't state why or how the Z motor belt got off the pulley. I down loaded the pdf file for removing the Z motor and I assume all I have to do to put the belt back on is to remove the three screws and put the belt back on the pulley and replace the screws or is there a timing issue here between the belt and motor? There is no damage to the belt. Also, how much tension should be applied to the belt with the spring loaded screw on top. Any answers or do I have to go to support?

I have to say one thing the last owner sure tried to get the adapter out of the chuck! The whole bottom of the wrench is bent open. All it need was a little oil and a twisting motion and snap!

Maybe tomorrow I'll get to plug it in.

Thanks
DDV