PDA

View Full Version : Back Roller error

jbmoran
04-10-2015, 06:16 PM
I get this error when trying to measure a board at the beginning of a carving sessions. First time I ever got it....There is nothing in the manual with this error designation.

Does anyone know of this means a compression roller? or a traction roller? or ?

I've never run across these errors, after two years of, admittedly, light use. Anyone have a starting point for this?

Thanx, in advance.

jbm

Mike58
04-10-2015, 06:23 PM
error while measuring the board, with the board moving forward?

Mugsowner
04-10-2015, 07:17 PM
On the keypad go to options (0 on keypad), go to sensors (7 on keypad), go down one with the down arrow. You should see the roller sensor screen, with the head up both should read disengaged.

Mugsowner
04-10-2015, 07:37 PM
If they do not read the same check this out as to how to fix it back up.
http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?27272-Board-runs-threw-during-measurement-issue

SteveNelson46
04-10-2015, 08:26 PM
I get this error when trying to measure a board at the beginning of a carving sessions. First time I ever got it....There is nothing in the manual with this error designation.

I've never run across these errors, after two years of, admittedly, light use. Anyone have a starting point for this?

Thanx, in advance.

jbm

What is the exact error message and when does it happen? During the measurement phase the board has to leave the compression rollers, one at a time. When the board tries to go back under the roller an error can occur if:

1) The head pressure is too low
2) The head is unlevel
3) A long board is unsupported on the end that is hanging out of the machine
4) The board is warped or twisted and the roller is catching on the high corner of the board.
5) There is sawdust in the compression roller switch and keeps the roller from uncompressing

mtylerfl
04-10-2015, 09:47 PM

Thanx, in advance.

jbm

Sounds like a stuck switch for the pressure roller. Squish the rear roller repeatedly up/down with your hand whilst blowing compressed air into the slight gap between the large washer and side end of that roller. Probably just some sawdust got in there and needs to be blown out. You'll know if you've been successful when you can hear a faint and consistent "clicking" noise when squishing the roller up/down.

Failing that, let us know. There are other possible causes, but blowing out the sawdust usually is all it takes.

shasta
04-10-2015, 11:43 PM
i usually just reach up in there with a finger or little screwdriver and unstick it, haven't had luck with trying to blow it out

jbmoran
04-11-2015, 01:11 PM
The keyboard-->Options showed both switches to be 'Released".. However, I was not able to put enough 'jiggle' to the roller to change it to 'Engaged' of 'Closed'..
That tells me switch is bound or broken..

Time to dig out the tools and start digging...

Thanx, all, for your replies and quick-turnaround time...

jbm

lynnfrwd
04-11-2015, 01:44 PM
The is a little clip or switch that is supposed to be like an L sometimes it gets bent out of shape. Check it.

SteveNelson46
04-12-2015, 10:38 AM
Here is a link to the Carvewright video that shows you how to clean the compression roller switch.

http://www.carvewright.com/support-page/maintenance/#compression_rollers

mtylerfl
04-12-2015, 04:12 PM
Here is a link to the Carvewright video that shows you how to clean the compression roller switch.

http://www.carvewright.com/support-page/maintenance/#compression_rollers

Thank you for that link, Steve. I forgot those videos existed. Very handy to be able to refer people to those. Thanks again.