PDA

View Full Version : Lemur Patterm

Deolman
04-05-2015, 07:45 PM
My grand daughter will be installed as Honored Queen in Job's Daughters next June. I would like to make a plaque for her installation and she would like a lemur included. I have fought with this pattern but with my limited abilities I have not been successful. I am hoping someone here can can bail me out of this dilemma. It would be greatly appreciated. I have included a copy of the lemur she would like to use.

bergerud
04-05-2015, 08:34 PM
I used vector grouping in Designer 2 and made a pattern. See if it is of any use to you.

oscarl48
04-05-2015, 10:14 PM
Still trying to learn how to build decent models so taking every opportunity to learn. I know I still have a long ways to go (sorry for all the throw away patterns I have posted) but here is my attempt.

Also showing the rendered image. I haven't figured out how to port it with hair to the stl model yet (soooo...its a naked lemur).

Edit: Deleted the original pattern and pic. Went back and smoothed out the model so it wasn't so blocky and I think the new ones look a little better. Still a naked lemur though. Still can't figure out how to port the hair.

bjbethke
04-06-2015, 12:09 AM
My grand daughter will be installed as Honored Queen in Job's Daughters next June. I would like to make a plaque for her installation and she would like a lemur included. I have fought with this pattern but with my limited abilities I have not been successful. I am hoping someone here can can bail me out of this dilemma. It would be greatly appreciated. I have included a copy of the lemur she would like to use.

I have two patterns, if they will work for you send me a "PM" with your e-mail. I can send you one. BJB

Deolman
04-07-2015, 02:31 PM
Thank you everyone. Now I need to figure out the rest of the plaque.

jpaluck
04-08-2015, 04:05 PM
Still trying to learn how to build decent models so taking every opportunity to learn. I know I still have a long ways to go (sorry for all the throw away patterns I have posted) but here is my attempt.

Also showing the rendered image. I haven't figured out how to port it with hair to the stl model yet (soooo...its a naked lemur).

Edit: Deleted the original pattern and pic. Went back and smoothed out the model so it wasn't so blocky and I think the new ones look a little better. Still a naked lemur though. Still can't figure out how to port the hair.

Hey Oscar,

Your stuff keeps getting better and better. On the above pattern once you have the 2.5d done in blender exports as an obj bring into sculptris to smooth/sculpt out the blockyness then convert in Blender to .stl and import. Sculptris is free also

Good work

oscarl48
04-08-2015, 08:47 PM
Thank you. And off to learn another software program. It looks really interesting though. I have not played with it before.