PDA

View Full Version : The head won't move

carpentersdaughter
03-07-2007, 06:07 PM
Greetings,

Got my toy last week and finally designed my first board. The head is all the way up and now it won't move at all. :cry: Called support and they said I locked in the head too tight by placing it all the way to the top. They told me that I needed to loosen a screw at the right side of the machine. Well, I can't seem to find where this is.

Could someone be kind enough to give dummy directions as to where this screw is and how much it should be turned? CS seems to be out for the night and wanted to get this taken care of.

I'm determined to keep my toy but not so sure with all the problems I've been reading about.

I'm a wood worker and not a mechanic, so I'm not so sure I can do all the things that need to be done to constantly repair this baby.

Help would sure be appreciated.

Linda :D

Kenm810
03-07-2007, 06:17 PM
do quick search on thread --Machine is locked vertically.
it-should solve your problem. posted 5-20-06 by Dan-Woodman

did the same thing my first week
ken

pkunk
03-07-2007, 06:23 PM
Search is your friend here. Your subject is also covered in the manual. Short answer-right hand elevation screw, near the bottom is a hole. Turn the screw with something that will fit the hole.

Sarge
03-07-2007, 07:27 PM
• Vertical Lockup: Cranking the head beyond its highest useable
height can result in it locking in a position where the head crank cannot
lower it. Releasing from this locked position it is very easy. The
threaded head screw needs to be manually turned and can be
accessed from the inside of the machine. On this head screw, just
above the traction belts, is a hole into which an Allen wrench or similar
tool can be inserted. Using the Allen wrench as leverage, turn the
head screw a clockwise direction to unlock it.

The diagram is attached below.

carpentersdaughter
03-07-2007, 08:02 PM
Blessings to your quick replies. It's late now but will do first thing in the moring.

again, thanks so much.:D