PDA

View Full Version : 1.120 is out now

carvemore
03-07-2007, 01:25 PM
Version 1.120 can now be downloaded thru the "check for updates" feature of Designer.

BobC33
03-07-2007, 02:58 PM
Version 1.120 can now be downloaded thru the "check for updates" feature of Designer.

Let me know if version 120 is working with no problems. I downloded it but have not installed it since 119 had problems when I installed it and tried the machine. so I will wait and see if this version clears up the previous problems.

HandTurnedMaple
03-07-2007, 03:03 PM
Mine is running right now with no errors.

oju392
03-07-2007, 03:53 PM
I just upgraded my software and formated and flashed my card and still am getting the Assert Macro Error 87.
Still dead!
HELP!!!

Jeff_Birt
03-07-2007, 03:56 PM
Called CW yet??

oju392
03-07-2007, 04:02 PM
Have Not called CW yet as they are hard to get hold of and I have sent a message to the Bard though.
It took over a month just to get bits.
The machine is still under warrenty with Sears. Plus I bought the 5 year extended warrenty back in January but don't know if they will honor that or not.

Jeff_Birt
03-07-2007, 04:37 PM
I would keep trying to call. The few times I have called it has been a hit or miss situation. You can call and it will ring forever, call right back and immediatly get a live body. The last I heard AT&T was supposed to have all their phone lines sorted out this month :eek:

HandTurnedMaple
03-07-2007, 05:27 PM
Give them a call, and try a couple of times. They are taking about a full day to return calls right now, so get in line before it gets longer.

wacoustics
03-07-2007, 07:30 PM
After I upgraded the control firmware, it doesn't work right anymore. The little tab that flips out on the right hand side of the machine doesn't go as far and the bit doesn't hit it to figure out measurements. I have the Sears model... anyone else having this problem too? 1.115 worked fine.

Bill
03-07-2007, 07:43 PM
Hello wacoustics,
Put 1.115 back in and try it, I don't think it's the new verson software.

wacoustics
03-07-2007, 07:54 PM
I'll try that, figure it's the firmware also. Is it worth also trying 1.119? I heard a number of people had problems with it.

Also, what about all the new features? Seems a shame to lose the enhanced control logic developed over the last 3 months. I'm guessing if 1.115 works again then this would be related to "Improved bit find to account for machine variation?"

Bill
03-07-2007, 07:58 PM
I really don't know. Some say they have problems and some don't. I don't have that prioblem so I have not updated mine so I could not say for sure.

wacoustics
03-07-2007, 08:11 PM
Interesting. I tried a couple of things and ended up that after I let it try to sense about the 6th time the bit flipped over far enough to where the machine started working. It's like it just wasn't calibrated correctly and every time it tried to get over just a little further. I think that there are still some quirks with the latest version of the firmware that need worked out. Does the CarveWright staff read these? How do you notify them of these little things so they can work them out?

wacoustics
03-07-2007, 08:25 PM
I take that back, actually scratched up the little metal thing a little, so I rolled back.

Bill
03-07-2007, 08:32 PM
Does the CarveWright staff read these? How do you notify them of these little things so they can work them out?

There was a tech. that frequented this forum but have not seen him here lately.
They have a 800 number you can call but the phone lines are kind of funky, just keep calling you will get through.
number is
1-800-573-1226

Bill
03-07-2007, 08:37 PM
If that swing arm still does not come out all the way, perhaps you may like to try this.
Thread.
http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2387

63tbolt
03-07-2007, 09:18 PM
When I received my machine with 1.113 I registered and upgraded to 1.115
with no problems . I was able to get on online forum and upgrade from Help.
I upgraded to 1.119 and now I get Browser reports error unable to get on line to upgrade to 1.120 . Uninstall designer and reinstall 1.113 and able to upgrade to1.120 from designer . Same happens now with 1.120 in designer.
I have no problem with my browser , using it on forum and other sites.
Any way to find out if this is my browser fault , using windows explorer 7

wacoustics
03-07-2007, 09:25 PM
If that swing arm still does not come out all the way, perhaps you may like to try this.
Thread.
http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2387

Thanks, checked that out but there doesn't really seem to be a binding problem. I did lubricate it some though just to be sure. It seems like it just doesn't swing all the way over against the arm, it stops short and so the bit just barely will touch the rounded piece... never the middle. Maybe this isn't related to the firmware at all but is just a little worse with the refinements in 1.120... have you ever seen anything about adjusting the default stopping point for this piece?

Cliff
03-07-2007, 09:26 PM
I'm using XP Service Pack 2 with Internet Explorer 7, I've gone from Designer version 1.113, 1.115, 1.119, and 1.20 and have had no problems with the Browser. I've yet to test the 1.20 firmware on the Sears CW.

liquidguitars
03-08-2007, 03:36 AM
It seems like it just doesn't swing all the way over against the arm, it stops short and so the bit just barely will touch the rounded piece...

if you have removed the cover, could be the flex shaft needs looking at.
look for a clamping part that holds down the shaft next to the cut motor.
if loose it can cause this due to slack.:)

SpiffyDog
03-08-2007, 10:35 AM
Does anyone have a firm recommendation on whether or not to proceed with the 1.120 upgrade?

liquidguitars
03-08-2007, 11:46 AM
If your software nuts you will always upgrade!! unless in mid stream on a project.

lig

CW Rookie
03-08-2007, 08:11 PM
After I upgraded the control firmware, it doesn't work right anymore. The little tab that flips out on the right hand side of the machine doesn't go as far and the bit doesn't hit it to figure out measurements. I have the Sears model... anyone else having this problem too? 1.115 worked fine.

Same problem here, with 1.119 and 1.120 the carving bit actually scored the edge of the metal tab that flips out and with both versions it proceeded to a Z-axis stall, error 246. Reformatted the and flashed the card several times but this didn't help.

Went back to 1.115 and we're up and running again!! (My machine is a November 2006 vintage CompuCarve).

Ron Smith
03-09-2007, 06:01 AM
I installed 1.120 and have run a couple of projects. The last was an oval and it didn't leave any tabs, so the project shifted at the finishing cuts. I'll try some more today.

Cliff
03-09-2007, 02:46 PM
Version 1.12 on a project that was 10.5 x 10.5 for 1hr 45min and no problems noted. The carving was exact, my flaws and all, I'll get better as I go. Now for the clean up.

Cliff

Mike
03-09-2007, 10:06 PM
If it isn't broke should you fix it? I'm thinking that some of these fixes are for the machines that need it. I do have 1.119 installed and will probably install 1.120 ( only to be the coolest kid on the block ). I have had issues with 1.119 in when it measures the board on the x axis (the length of the board). It asks me if I want to center the carving on the board. When I press enter it does not advance the board at the regular measuring rate. It goes as slow as it was carving the project. When I press jog it will go to the end of the board and start carving. That is not so useful when you want to keep your project under the rollers.

liquidguitars
03-10-2007, 12:58 AM
It asks me if I want to center the carving on the board. When I press enter it does not advance the board at the regular measuring rate.

I get this prob if my board is under my call out size in designer. One way around this if all is working well, is to measure the board in carvewright and
copy the numbers into designer.

The slow measuring speed rate? I think thats normal.

BobHill
03-10-2007, 09:39 AM
I'm getting a Board measuring stall using 1.120 .... this is the very last board measurement after assuring you have the cutting bit and just prior to beginning to carve. After a reboot, it still goes into a stall at the same point, but after a couple, three minutes it would start and continue. Is anyone else having this occur with the new software update?

Bob

pkunk
03-10-2007, 10:15 AM
I'm getting a Board measuring stall using 1.120 .... this is the very last board measurement after assuring you have the cutting bit and just prior to beginning to carve. After a reboot, it still goes into a stall at the same point, but after a couple, three minutes it would start and continue. Is anyone else having this occur with the new software update?

Bob
I'm getting the same thing in addition to it carving at odd and deeper depths. I solved yesterdays measuring problem by shining my flashlight on the board, & it picked right up again. Odd! Wish I could go back to 1.115 but the machine logic is flashed and there's no returning from that.

Cliff
03-10-2007, 10:37 AM
Pkunk
Are the Beta machines that much different from the Sears? I've seen in this forum where people have gone backwards with their versions. Its like the basic machine operating system runs off the card, maybe why the machine won't do anything without it, just a thought.

Cliff

pkunk
03-10-2007, 05:36 PM
Pkunk
Are the Beta machines that much different from the Sears? I've seen in this forum where people have gone backwards with their versions. Its like the basic machine operating system runs off the card, maybe why the machine won't do anything without it, just a thought.

Cliff
Not too much different. They don't have the bit sensing arm, had a funky flex shaft arraingement(mines updated), but the rest is the same. I don't really understand, but when you update the software, it asks if you want it to flash the machine logic control to the new version. Then when I've gone back to an older version, some of the problems go away but others remain. At one point last year an update caused so much trouble that they wrote some code for me that put me back to the old until they had a fix.

Cliff
03-10-2007, 05:50 PM
With the slight differances with the machines you would think they would set aside a different firmware for Beta Testers. It is a shame that there is not a three button power on reset that would slaps the machine stupid, it would correct some of these issues.

Cliff

liquidguitars
03-11-2007, 01:41 AM
Is anyone else having this occur with the new software update?

1.19 update removed my home sensor probs "I have a new unit" its been working good, I upgraded to 1.120 and its working good.

and now my carvewright measures better as it slows down at the end of a board.

looks like it could be a old hardware vs new software issue.:confused:

Lig

toothpicks
03-11-2007, 01:01 PM

You should check out this recent post in the troubleshooting sticky's:

http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2073&page=2

I pulled out many badly-needed hairs over this problem, but after doing all the things mentioned in the PDF file and going to v1.117, I'm good to go in that area. Chris told me that 1.117 included a fix for swinging out the bit plate.

Don't know if I'm going to 1.20 yet. I'm not a big fan of new software. I am staying away from IE7, and am definitely steering clear of Vista. I have to deal with bit pushers all the time, and being a hardware engineer I possess the One Great Truth: All serious problems are caused by bogus software!

Mike
03-15-2007, 03:06 PM
What is the consensus on1.120? do I try it or not!

Bubba
03-17-2007, 09:51 PM
I'm getting the same thing in addition to it carving at odd and deeper depths. I solved yesterdays measuring problem by shining my flashlight on the board, & it picked right up again. Odd! Wish I could go back to 1.115 but the machine logic is flashed and there's no returning from that.
Version 1.120 software gave me the same board stall messages as pkunk had plus a couple of check motor errors , hit retry on the check motor prompt and the speed on the bit seem to almost double ( very scary).
Flashed my memory card with 1.115 and kept designer at 1.120 and all is well again.

Sarge
03-18-2007, 01:52 AM
I'm using XP Service Pack 2 with Internet Explorer 7, I've gone from Designer version 1.113, 1.115, 1.119, and 1.20 and have had no problems with the Browser. I've yet to test the 1.20 firmware on the Sears CW.

ME TOO........except the few errors I've caused.

Bolts & Chips
03-21-2007, 07:48 AM
I picked up my machine 2 days ago and registered yesterday and have been reading the operators manual and going over the software. Should I go ahead and download the 1.120 version before trying to use the machine?

Jeff_Birt
03-21-2007, 08:06 AM
Yes, I just got a new machine and started by upgrading to 1.120 and have had no problems. Make sure you reformat the card with the 'Flash Manager' too. Most problems being reported after upgrading to 1.120 have nothing to do with the firmware upgrade, although there have been a few.

mtylerfl
03-21-2007, 01:25 PM
Yes, I just got a new machine and started by upgrading to 1.120 and have had no problems. Make sure you reformat the card with the 'Flash Manager' too. Most problems being reported after upgrading to 1.120 have nothing to do with the firmware upgrade, although there have been a few.

Hello Jeff,

I'm a bit confused - I thought the latest version of the software was 1.20 not 1.120.

Did I miss something? I see a few people refering to a "1.120" version.

Bill
03-21-2007, 01:37 PM
I think you just miss read it.
it is version# 1.120

pkunk
03-21-2007, 01:37 PM
Tim, you are confused.:confused: The latest version is 1.120.:D

CallNeg151
03-21-2007, 11:14 PM
Hello Jeff,

I'm a bit confused - I thought the latest version of the software was 1.20 not 1.120.

Did I miss something? I see a few people refering to a "1.120" version.

I thought you were right, but then I booted up my software. 1.120 IS the current version. I learn something new every day.

randygeorge
04-02-2007, 08:36 PM
Where do you get that latest firmware for the memory card?

Thanks,

Randy

rjp736
04-02-2007, 08:47 PM
When you insert your card to upload a project it will update it.

randygeorge
04-03-2007, 09:08 AM
Do I need to update my CW software first?

Jeff_Birt
04-03-2007, 10:06 AM
Just click on 'Help' in Designer, then click on 'Check for updates'. This will update Designer. When you upload to the card next time it will ask to update firmware, say yes.

randygeorge
04-04-2007, 06:43 PM
Thanks!! That worked.

Thanks,

Randy