PDA

View Full Version : Board Tracking Assembly

SteveNelson46
03-27-2015, 10:09 AM
I have a real problem. I need a board tracking assembly (the brass roller) and LHR is out of stock and not expected to have any for a month. I have a parts machine that has one but, it is the old style for sandpaper belts and I have the rubber belts so it won't work. Does anyone have a spare they are willing to part with until the new ones come in? I guess LHR is changing suppliers and the new board tracking assemblies will be brand new and not re-manufactured. If someone is willing to loan me one I will replace it with one of the new ones when they come in and I will pay for the shipping both ways.

bergerud
03-27-2015, 10:18 AM
I believe you can use the old one with the rubber belts. I have rubber belts on a B machine with the old type. What is wrong with your board tracker? (It has the same encoder parts as the servo motors.)

SteveNelson46
03-27-2015, 12:30 PM
I believe you can use the old one with the rubber belts. I have rubber belts on a B machine with the old type. What is wrong with your board tracker? (It has the same encoder parts as the servo motors.)

Of late, the x-tracking has been off with error message "Check Tracking Roller". Usually, the error is during the measurement phase. When the board leaves the back roller and then tries to go back underneath it is when the error occurs (most of the time). I tried to use the one from the sandpaper machine but, the brass roller is a little longer and doesnt have as much taper on the end. Consequently, the roller rubs on the rubber belts. The next thing I plan to check is the rubber belts to see if they have tracked over towards the brass roller. That may be what caused the problem to begin with. Now, the brass roller seems to be frozen and will not spin so I thought I would order another one just in case I can't fix this one. That's when LHR told me that they were out of stock. I worked on it until midnight last night and will not have a chance to work on it again until this evening.

Head Pressure: ~85 lbs. and level

bergerud
03-27-2015, 12:40 PM
The old sensor needs some washers to tilt the assembly down. You can make it work. (See rubber belt installation instructions)

As for your sensor being frozen, I bet if you take is apart, you will be able to fix it. There are two small ball bearings on the shaft and an encoder disk on the end. Maybe something is just jammed behind the brass wheel.

SteveNelson46
03-27-2015, 12:54 PM
The old sensor needs some washers to tilt the assembly down. You can make it work. (See rubber belt installation instructions)

As for your sensor being frozen, I bet if you take is apart, you will be able to fix it. There are two small ball bearings on the shaft and an encoder disk on the end. Maybe something is just jammed behind the brass wheel.

Thanks Dan. I'll give that a try this evening.

SteveNelson46
03-28-2015, 02:02 AM
Dan,

Thank you very much for the info on the spacers for the board tracking sensor. I am now using the one from my parts machine and everything seems to be working as expected. I also removed the rubberized belts and re-aligned them to be sure they are tracking straight. I've got a hunch that this will also fix the rotary jig problem where it wasn't making a complete revolution. I'll do some more testing tomorrow.